two

- emma -{ unedited }

- emma -
{ unedited }

"Holly quick!" I yelled, pulling her arm. We run over to a nearby bench by the skateboard ramps, quickly spotting a skateboard that had been abandoned by it. Before I knew it, I was reaching out to snatch the board.

"Sorry Em, but I don't think skateboarding will help solve our current situation!" Holly scolds me, her hands retreating to her head in stress.

"Shut up Holly and follow my lead," I snap, taking the skateboard in my grasp and tying my hair up in a ponytail. The group of boys skateboarding had all stopped and watched what we were doing, but I ignored it. I noticed the policemen walking towards our direction, so I quickly placed the board on the edge of the ramp and glanced at the other boys. Though I'd never actually skateboarded on a ramp before, it was a risk I was willing to take.

I placed my weight on the front of the skateboard, going down the curve and right back up and out the other side — holding the edge of it to perform a quick trick.
By now, the boys had been skating along with me and returned to normal. I was hoping to be blended in enough for me to be unnoticed. I could tell Holly was holding up her end well too, she had pulled out her sunglasses from her shirt to wear over her eyes — even though it was hardly sunny out considering it was 7 in the evening.

The next time I looked back, the policemen were gone.

The board lifted me back up the curved surface as I landed swiftly back onto the ground. I breathed out a sigh of relief, taking the hair tie from my hair and combing a finger through my locks. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I went to check it.

"DARE COMEPLETE."

The $800 transferred to my account, and a small smile made its way to my mouth.

Suddenly, the skateboard slipped from my foot's hold and I felt my body losing balance as I tipped backwards. A force gripped onto me and pulled me forward to prevent me from falling. I stumbled forwards, my hair falling in front of my face.

"Thanks," I say to Holly, looking up to realize it's not Holly at all. Instead, it's a boy.

"Yeah, well, I didn't want my skateboard to get all scuffed up." He replies, his voice laced with sarcasm. His arms were now crossed, as if waiting for an explanation.

"Sorry," I laugh, looking to his skateboard and picking it up from the ground. "I was just, really.. craving skateboarding." My voice says unsure, obviously lying.

"It was a dare wasn't it," The boy chuckles, immediately detecting my lie.

"Yeah," I bite my lip, holding out his board, "Sorry 'bout that."

He takes it back, "No I get it, I play too." He smiles. I gladly return it back him, and before I even get a chance to say anything else —

"That was a close one Em!" Holly gasps loudly, "Nice thinking! I knew you'd be fit for Nerve." She rests an arm on my shoulder — it works because I'm shorter than her — and looks at the boy. "Who's your new friend?"

I look over to her, then back to him. "I dunno, I just took his skateboard."

"Aw, don't be so harsh on me Em," He says playfully, my name rolling off of his tongue sweetly.

"Already on nickname basis?" Holly smirks while raising a brow. I roll my eyes at her. Her phone soon sounded, which resulted in her checking her phone.

She tapped on her phone, "Gotta blast guys, I have dares to do!" Holly said, running away shortly after. I laugh as soon as she's gone —that crazy girl.

"Well," I turn back to him, "Thanks for letting me use your board." I clasp my hands together behind my back.

He stifled a snicker, "I didn't really let you use it, but you're welcome." I laughed along with him, looking into his dreamy eyes — wait, what?

"Hey dude! We're doing more dares c'mon!" One of the boys' friends calls out, making him turn to them.

"I gotta go," He turns to me.

"Yeah, I should too. I should probably go find my friend." I agree, before he turns to go away with his friends.

He didn't say goodbye, but I didn't either. I turned away and ran in the opposite direction, my hands covering my face as I felt it heat up.

Until my phone buzzed.

"FOLLOW THE BOY $200."

I smiled at my screen, and excited to click accept. A sudden rush of movement appeared in front of me as I felt a pair of lips connect to mine. My eyes bulged open, and soon enough the lips were removed from mine.
I looked at the boy standing in front of me — I was sort of hoping it was the skateboard boy.

"Um," I stutter, my eyes taking in his appearance. For some reason I felt bummed out that it wasn't the guy with his skateboard.

"Sorry doll, it was a dare." He tells me, winking. He looked back to his phone, pink hearts exploding on the screen.

"I can see that," My eyebrow raised, looking at him.

"Aw c'mon give me a break," He smirked, "I never get dares that easy anymore."

"Yeah, alright, well you're welcome," I sigh, giving him a quick smile before attempting to pass him.

"Wait," he calls, bringing me to a stop.

"What?" I ask, turning back to him and keeping my tone uninterested.

He shows his phone screen to me.

"TEAM UP WITH HER $100."

"The watchers like what they see," he gave me a grin. I fold my arms across my chest.

"I don't." I disagree quickly, shutting him down. "Sorry, not interested." I turn to go away from the very flirtatious boy.

"Come on baby it could be amazing," he pleaded, "Take a chance." My eyes dart back to his.

He watches the clock countdown, as I release a heavy sigh. "Just one dare won't hurt."

He was right, it was just one dare. I suppose it wouldn't hurt me at all. "Just one dare." I give in, sighing.

"One dare." The boy smirks, tapping on ACCEPT.