eleven

- emma -{ unedited }

- emma -
{ unedited }

I run as fast as I can until I spot a watcher nearby. They acknowledged me, and then walked up to me, handing me a piece of paper. I gave them a puzzled look, before they walked away.
I just shook it off, and read what the paper said.

'GO TO THE SUBWAY.'

I shuddered once I saw the blue ink written across the paper that read subway; I think I've created a fear of subways for myself. I crumbled up the paper, and tossed it into the nearest trash can before running across the street. At this point, I hoped Holly and Marcus were on their way with shutting down the game.

It took me a while to get to a subway station, but once I reached one, I walked down the steps only to run into another watcher. They wore a black bandana covering their nose and mouth, and gestured me to follow them. I gulped nervously and followed them onto the subway.

We waited on there until most of the people were off of the train, and our stop was called. It was obviously one of the least productive stops and area of the city, but still was lit up with building lights.

The watcher told me to follow them again, and I did so while shoving my hands in my jacket pockets. I followed them for a while, until they directed me to wait in an alleyway where nobody could see me. I stood there, sighing. My heart was pounding in my chest rapidly and I hated to admit it but, I was terrified. I had loved to take risks, and to live my life out, but I was afraid that because I did these things that I would lose my life tonight.

The bright night stars were the only thing keeping me company, until a silhouette appeared at the entrance of the alleyway and placed a brown paper bag down on the ground. They then walked away, no words being said. My feet quickly took me to the bag, as I opened it to reveal another note and a heavy object. The note was the first to catch my attention, so I pulled it out. I read it, and recognized that it had directions on it to a specific location.

I pulled out my phone and plugged in the address to my phone. Immediately, it gave me the right location, or at least I hoped it had. I didn't recognize the address at all, but it was only five minutes walking distance away. I tossed the note away and shoved the rest of the brown bag in my jacket.

The directions led me to parts of town that I have never seen, or been to before in my life. The closer I got, the more my heart pounded against my chest.

At that moment, I thought of my mother. She must be worried sick about me. It was past midnight and I hadn't returned home; I hope she's okay. She will never understand that I'm doing all of this for Ethan, for her. And a part of me felt that I was doing it for Lukas. As I neared the destination, I made a promise to myself that I prayed I would keep; I will make sure Lukas doesn't get hurt tonight. Even if that means I have to get hurt myself.

I finally walked off of the sidewalk and a large rundown building came into view. Neon blue lights flared inside and outside of it, and I didn't have to look at my phone to realize that that was where I needed to be. I hoped Lukas was already here.

I approached the building, and found that there was actually an entrance door I needed to pass through. The rain pounded towards the ground still, and I felt it run down my face, arms and body. A person, what looked like a watcher, stood infront of the entrance door. A mask was worn by him, no surprise here.

"Ticket," he said through his mask once I was close enough to him. I was confused at first, until I remembered the heavy brown bag and handed it to him. He took the object out of the bag and tossed the brown material out into the windy rain. The gun rested in his hands, until he popped open a section of the gun. He placed bullets into it, before snapping it closed and handing it back to me. I nodded to him, as if I was thanking him for some reason, and he opened the door.

A large breath was caught in my chest, until I finally released it and walked inside. My whole body felt uneasy as my heart raced. I placed the gun in my jacket pocket and shut my eyes closed for a minute. Once I had calmed my body down, I stepped into the arena as watchers cheered from their stands. I spun around to see everybody who had came to watch the finals. Every single person wore a mask or hood to kept their identity hidden.

Suddenly, a bright light blinded my vision, and I ducked my head for a second for me to realize that they placed a spot light on me. All eyes on me, I thought nervously.

As I examined the building, I noticed that it was very old, and had a grey brick feeling. The bright lights made it seem more lively, but did not distract me from the fact that this was not a positive occasion. The lights were also the only thing that allowed me to be able to actually see in the darkness of the night. All the watchers stayed in their own little sections of the building to avoid the rain. Meanwhile, the rain still pelted down onto me.

The crowd had a sudden uproar, and went crazy with screams and shouts, and that's when I realized that they weren't cheering for me anymore

I spun around from my position to see another person entering the arena from the opposing side. A weight was lifted off my chest once I recognized Lukas immediately.

-

first of all, happy 2017!

short chapter, i know! but don't fear, i plan on double updating (-:

lemme know in the comments  what you think is gonna happen in the finals!