March 21, 2015: Standing still isn't easy when the world is moving backwards

A/N: Alam kong frustrated na kayo sa kanila mga bes, pero salamat dahil mahal niyo pa rin si ficRj and ficMaine nonetheless. It's getting really frustrating between the two of them, but sometimes, reality is exactly the same. Wala naman third party pero hindi talaga magtugma. 

Pero, as in everything else, there is light at the end of the tunnel. So kapit lang tayo mga bes. :)

Thank you also for the overwhelming comments. It still surprises me how you guys are legitimately into this little story of mine. I have such amazing readers. <3

Oh warning: Slight language

*******

Richard looks at Maine from a safe distance. They both acted as normal as humanly possible after their "talk", but somehow they both knew that a line has been drawn between the two of them. She was talking to Pauleen and the rest of the bridal party when he caught her eye--and she gave him this smile, the one she only had for Richard. They stare at each other for what felt like minutes, and when she finally looked away, it all suddenly felt like it ended too soon. 

Things are about to change, yet somehow it wasn't. How ironic.

"Paps, parang ang tagal niyo nagusap ni Meng kanina ah?" Jerald spoke up, jolting Richard back to the present. 

Richard just nods in response, and downs his glass of whiskey in one go. He was sure he was more than tipsy, but right now all he wanted to do was drink the night away.

Hopefully I become dead drunk and wake up at another time and place, preferably the past. It has happened before, it can happen again, right?

"Hoy Richard! Baka magcollapse ka na diyan sa kakainom mo." Jerald makes an attempt to grab the bottle away from Richard, but despite his semi-druken state, Richard was quick enough to keep it out of Jerald's reach. "Paps, seryoso ako, ang pula pula mo na, and it's almost two am already. Hoy, ang tanda na natin masyado para maginom magdamag!"

Richard only grunts in response and pours himself another glass of whiskey. 

"Seriously pare, you have a mountain of shit to do at work. Walang weekend weekend sayo diba? Your pleadings aren't going to write themselves tomorrow, Rj."

"Alam mo Je, for the first time, I don't really care. I just really can't give a flying fuck kasi hindi naman importante yun eh. Hindi naman yun yung importante sakin." He takes another swig and faces his friend, "See, the only thing that was important to me, I screwed up. Nabigyan na nga ako ng second chance to do things all over again, and yet, I still couldn't do things right."

Jerald looked at his friend and thought about how seriously smashed Richard actually was, "Teka Paps, ano? Second chance?"

But Richard droned on, the moment he started, it was as if he had this sudden urge to just tell Jerald everything. "I was way too cautious. I wanted to just jump at her and tell her I loved her the moment I realized I was reliving the past, but I didn't want to confuse her. I was scared that telling her I loved her the first chance I got, because it might scare her away. So I decided to show her, you know?" 

"Hold up Paps, what? Past? Relived the past? What are you on? Okay ka lang ba? You should stop drinking, kung ano ano ng kalokohan yang sinsabi mo, Richard."

He takes another swig, and ignores Jeralds questions, "I changed some things, and I made sure she knew I loved her, I showed her I did. And sure, things changed, we almost got together, and it was the happiest couple of days of my life Jerald, it was."

Jerald's eyes widen as he listened to his friend--because that was what they all knew. Everyone knew Richard and Maine almost got together a couple of years back, but suddenly things stopped, and none of them knew why.