October 19, 2018: Because I'll love you more than I need you

Richard squints as the morning light blinds his eyes. He saw the white curtains lightly sway with the rush of wind and remembered how he forgot to close the windows last night. As his eyes adjusted to the harsh sunlight, he couldn't help but smile.

He lies on his side and finally stares at the beautiful woman sleeping beside him. Until this very day, Richard says a little prayer every morning, thanking the heavens for giving him a second chance--for giving him Maine. The two years with Maine was filled with ups and downs; they fought so many times--it was definitely not easy to adjust from being friends to being lovers, but Richard made sure he would never end the day without telling her how much he loved her.

Sometimes, he still finds himself in a state of disbelief--every single day with Maine felt like a miracle in itself, it almost felt like a dream. He had to continually remind himself that this was finally his reality.

This, beautiful, amazing woman is mine.

But for Richard, nothing else could compare to waking up next to her every morning. How beautiful she was with the sun shining on her bare, but incredibly beautiful face. Her face was absolutely devoid of any product, and yet there was no words to describe how breathtaking she looked with the sun shining on her face.

It wasn't just happiness. Happiness, that could be fleeting, it comes and it goes. No, this wasn't just happiness. What Richard has been feeling for the past two years was contentment. Finally, for the first time in quite a long while, he felt absolutely, and unconditionally content with life.

With her.

He brings himself closer to her, and adjusts her right arm resting on his torso. He then reaches over and gently tucks in her hair behind her ears. Like every morning he wakes up beside her, he finds himself mesmerized-by her, by everything.

Richard watches as her eyes slowly flutter open, and he could not help but smile as he found her smiling at him. They just stared at each other for a while, memorizing every line, every crevice of each other's faces.

"Good morning, love." He beams at her and kisses her on the lips, "I love you."

He kisses her cheek, "I love you."

Her nose, "I love you."

Her forehead, "I love you."

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of telling you I love you, Menggay. I think I'll have to spend the rest of my life telling you I love you to make up for all the years I wasn't able to."

She was taken a back by his statement--she knew Richard felt awful for having wasted so many years. She gives him this knowing look, as if to reprimand him, pinches his cheeks, and mockingly shakes her head in disapproval "Ang cheesy mo, love." Yet she proceeds to pepper his face with kisses, "You're lucky I love you too."

They fall into a comfortable silence after that, her right arm draped around Richard's bare torso, and his left arm draped around her waist, his fingers lazily drawing circles on her back. After a while, Maine lifts her arm and gently cups his face, her thumbs slowly caressing his cheeks. She was smiling at him, mindlessly humming some tune.

Richard sighs at her gesture, leaning his face unto her palms, and he closes his eyes. "Love, how do you feel about going on an adventure?"

He hears her laugh and it sounded like music to his ears, "How about we get breakfast first?"

"Love, seryoso ako. I practically have everything planned out." He sits up slowly and gently pulls her up with him.

"What do you mean by 'practically everything'? Ano pang kulang?"

"Ikaw." He pulls her closer to him again, and encloses her in his warm embrace. His arms go around her petite shoulders as he teasingly nuzzles her neck and whispers in her ears, "Pumayag ka lang, we can leave right this very second, love."

Maine felt her whole body shiver--after all these years, Richard still had that effect on her. Only Richard.

With a deep sigh, she wiggles out of his hold and says, "Hay nako, Ikaw talaga love ha. Lagi mo kong dinadaan sa mga ganyan mo!"

"Is it working?" He asks in return, lifting up his arm and touching his reddening ears.

She stands up from the bed and faces him, hands on her waist, "Actually that isn't a bad idea." She sees him stand as well and make his way towards her. She reaches out to him once again, like she can never have enough, like they both had this insatiable need of being as close to each other whenever possible. She pulls him closer, raising her arms up to wrap them around his neck, his hands snaking around her tiny waist, "It's been so long since we actually went somewhere, Richard. We practically spend at least 75% of every weekend for the last year inside your condo, or mine. Kung ano ano na tuloy naiisip nina Jerald about us."

"Bakit ba, totoo naman, diba?" He laughs and brings her closer and kisses her deeply.

"Kahit na, love." She pulls away slightly and he notes her face turning a shade of crimson. "Much as I love spending weekends with you here, we're starting to look like an old married couple."

"Love, matagal na ata tayong mukhang old married couple." He bellows in laughter and drapes his arm around her shoulders as they walk towards his kitchen. "You're practically stuck with me forever, Menggay ko. Doesn't that sound wonderful?"

She playfully slaps his arms and laughs, "Nu-uh, Richard Faulkerson, Jr. You better put a ring on it first. Bawal short cuts, uy!"

I know, my love. I know.

He absentmindedly grabs her hand and intertwines it with his, "So love, game ka?"

"Yes, but where are we going?"

"On an adventure."

"Oo nga, I know that already! Kulit!" she playfully pinches his cheek with her free hand, "I meant, what kind of an adventure? Adventure to where?"

He smiles at her impishly, and gently kisses her forehead, "Ako bahala, love. Do you trust me?"

"With every fiber of my being."

**********
Thank you for still supporting Everglow and for the number of votes the last chapter got, and the comments too! I may not be able to reply to each and single one of them, but I do appreciate them all, and take them all to heart.

Sobrang saya ko you guys all loved it. 💛