December 12, 2012: May Angels Lead You In (i)

A/N: Before anything, I just want to express my thanks to everyone na nagbabasa ng munti kong kwento, #15 in Fanfiction. #paano

Dahil sa inyo po yun. Maraming maraming salamat, from the bottom of my Maichard shipping heart. ❤️

Tweet me your thoughts @whiskeydreams27 🙃

********
Richard wakes up on the floor, his knees bent under him, his head and arms slumped over his bed. He noticed how his room was wrapped in darkness--the curtains were drawn. He could almost feel desperation and sadness seeping through the walls.

What day is it? Why is it so dark?

I feel extremely tired.

Richard slowly stood up and walked towards the mirror. He first notices that he was wearing a creased white polo shirt. He then noticed how his eyes were puffier than the usual, and red. They looked pained from crying. He walks over to his window and quickly pushed away the curtains.

The light actually hurt his eyes he had to abruptly squeeze them shut.

Did I cry all night or something? What's happening? It's like I have not seen light in days.

Richard looks for his phone, and finally found it on the floor, next to where he was sitting, where he apparently spent the night sleeping. His phone was bombarded with messages, which he first chose to ignore. He first opened Maine's messages in the hopes of finding clarity--if there was one person who would know what it was exactly that was happening to me, it's her.

"Richard, please eat something. Ilang days ka na hindi kumakain."

"Rj, open the door please. Talk to us. Talk to me."

"I'm staying over until you decide to go out of your room. We'll all be here when you're ready."

"Tita Rose would have hated seeing you like this, Rj. Please don't forget to eat. Pinababayaan mo na sarili mo. Please don't be like this, Rj."

"We're all so happy you finally decided to see people. I'm here for you. Like I promised you, like I promised Tita."

What's happening???

Richard then browsed through the rest of his messages which were all a mash of "sorrys" and "condolences". He threw his phone towards the wall in frustration.

"Fuck anong nangyayari?!"

Richard slumps back down to his carpeted floor, and buries his face on his hands.

Totoo ba to? Is Ma... did she...?

No.

I refuse to believe this. Hindi to totoo.

This isn't supposed to happen!!! I changed things--everything should have worked out. I took extra care of her, she was eating healthier, she smoked less and less each and every day.

Hindi dapat ganito.

Dapat andito pa rin sya.

Richard felt hot tears stream down his face--he had not even realized he was crying.

"I refuse to believe that this is true. This is not supposed to happen this time around."

Richard picks himself up, angrily wipes the tears away and practically storms out of the door. On his way down the stairs, he heard quiet murmurs from the sala. He stops halfway down the staircase and notices the group huddled in the living room, Riza was slightly staring blankly into space and seated around her were their cousins and the rest of their extended family.