ten;

Yiseul sighed heavily at the boy in front of her. His gaze was blank, paying full attention to her who had tucked him into bed.

She put the back of her hand against his forehead, just to check if his fever had decreased after the last medicines she gave. To her luck, it did and it made her feel less uneasy.

"Go to sleep, dad will be back soon," she informed, then left him alone in his room.

Now that Hyungsuk had gone to sleep, she could finally get some rest herself. Too much happened that day and her humblest wish was to sleep and forget everything.

But it wasn't that easy. Her thoughts kept running wildly in her head as if she wasn't hurt enough. It was a day full of guilt and it made not only her head, but also her heart, ached.

Everything seemed to put her in the state of blues. Ever since her neighbor called her, saying that Hyungsuk's body temperature suddenly went up, there was a lump forming in her throat she couldn't get rid of yet.

If she was in any other situation, she would just leave for Hyungsuk with a light heart.

What made her want to set herself on fire was that because she was informed so when she was with Wonwoo. Not that she blamed Hyungsuk for getting sick, but she was literally watching him collapse when she received the call.

She was in the horns of dilemma. It wasn't easy to leave Wonwoo in that situation. Even though the ambulance she called earlier had arrived, but she didn't know what would happen then if she just left him.

She would feel uneasy to send him to the hospital without actually knowing how he would be then. But on the other side, Hyungsuk was alone at home and she was scared for life that his fever might cause his convulsions to act up.

Without her realizing, tears already rolled down her face and she became a sobbing mess in no time.

She hadn't even checked up on Wonwoo at the hospital and maybe that was what made her heart feel so heavy.

Maybe she should try to call him despite the fact that she was scared. Scared that Wonwoo might despise her for being irresponsible. Scared that his condition might get worse. Scared of anything that might happen to him.

Just as she was about to call him, the door creaked open, making her quickly wipe the tears away.

Her father was standing in the doorframe, through her blurry sight, she could still tell that it had been quite as stressful for him too. She rose from her seat and made her way to the kitchen to make a cup of tea for each of them. Maybe that would be a little help to relieve their stress.

"His fever seems to have gone down," her father said, getting out of Hyungsuk's room right when she came back from the kitchen.

The two of them sat on the couch in the living room. He rubbed his forehead ash he let out a heavy sigh. There was a slight pang deep in her heart to see him like this.

She remembered how he would vent to her mother about everything after he got back from work. And there was nothing she could do to help him because he didn't want to burden her with his complaints.

"It's alright. I made him soup and gave him medicines, he will be fine," she said, trying to sound as calm as possible, although it was obvious that her voice was hoarse.

He removed his hand from his forehead, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows as if he was about to investigate her. "Were you crying?"

Yiseul shook her head, taking a sip of tea from her cup. But it was useless, knowing that her father would eventually figure out every single thing she hid.