Trust

Npov

"Nico, you have to listen to me, okay?" Octavian said slowly, "Will is going to betray you-"

"Don't you dare say anything about Will," I growled.

"Nico, listen, I'm just trying to warn you. But think of this: he's a king, the wealthiest person in the kingdom. And you're a neko, and no offense but we are the poorest people. The most mistreated. Surely, he wouldn't love you, right?"

"You tried to kill me!" I said, but his words were starting to make it to my heart.

"I was trying to free you from him!"

"No. No I don't believe you."

Will standing to the side, helpless. He must've known it was all in myself. Whether I trusted him enough to know if he would really do this to me.

"Nico, you have to. You'll get hurt if you don't." Octavian said, and he looked genuinely sorry for me.

"But...." I said, looking from Octavian to Will, Octavian to Will.

"Nico, please, you have to trust that I'm telling you the truth. He's using you, Nico."

Will reached out for me, trying to take my hand, but I stepped away from him. Octavian took this as his win, and tried. I stepped away from him too.

Will looked crestfallen, "Nico, don't listen to him! I love you!"

"He's trying to trick you, Nico."

I closed my eyes, tears threatening to spill. I didn't know who to be with. I didn't know who's hand to take.

I didn't even know if either of them were telling the truth, because it's possible that they were both lying.

"Nico, please...." Will said. I pictured tears running down his face, and when I opened my eyes, I was right. He was crying.

"I don't know who to trust..." I said quietly.

I pushed past both of them and ran out of the castle, tears blurring my vision now. I heard Will screaming at Octavian somewhere behind me. I turned into a cat and ran all the way to Hazel's house. I turned human at the door, so I could knock.

Hazel opened the door. She immediately saw the tears on my face and took me inside, into the living room. Our dad wasn't there.

"What happened?" She asked, wiping my tears away.

"Will-" a sob shook my body "Don't know who to trust-"

"Hold on, Nico." She wiped a few more tears away. I calmed down a bit.

You can always trust Hazel.

"What happened?" She repeated, after I had stopped crying.

"Octavian came to warn me-he knew something about Will-he said that Will was going to betray me. Will didn't argue it. I don't know who to trust!"

I started sobbing again, and Hazel pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, Nico. I'm so, so sorry."

"He-he said I could trust him! He said he loved me!"

"I know," she said sadly. "But maybe he's like his father. I mean, I don't know who Octavian is, so I guess you have to make the decision. I'm really sorry, Nico."

I pulled away from the hug, "But what if I choose to trust Will and he actually doesn't love me? What if he betrays me and I'm left even worse than I was before? I already lost so many people I love, Hazel, and I don't think I can take much more of it!"