Epilouge

"Commander Leif." One of his guards called. The fleet was traveling to the new secret location for their base. He stared out the window a hollow feeling in his stomach. He felt lost without her.

"What is it Riff?"

"This just came from the Mistress Victoria." He held out a small piece of parchment. "It's quite disheartening." Leif snatched it from him like a starving man being offered food. He ripped it open his eyes reading every word carefully.

Leif,

I must sadly inform you, we probably will never see each other again. No, I don't think I will ever return. My last command is for you to sell our fleet and live a rich life. You are the sole heir to my fortune and my army. You are not to continue my conquest without me. Since these will be the last words from me I should tell you, you are my last remaining family, blood or not. Take care of yourself, get married, find happiness if you can.

Yours truly,

Victoria Auber.

Tear drops fell on the paper as he commanded Riff to leave. His heart felt like it was being ripped in half. What would he do now? Where would he go? How could he be happy? Victoria was his happiness.

No.

He inwardly screamed.

Wait.

There was something different about the words she had written. He cleared his desk and snatched a quill and parchment. Three words down, two across, up, over to the side. six letters to the left, five up, one over, two up, he furiously scribbled on the parchment for two hours. Shift those letters, delete those ones, try this combination, throw out that one. Concentrate. The grueling work was well worth it.

He stood over his desk, grinning like a fool at the words that presented themselves. A wicked smile crossed his face as he rubbed his jaw. A cackle rose from his throat.

I'm coming.