Capture

"That good-for-nothing- ungrateful- dragon!" Snotlout cursed towards Oden, as he watched the red monstrous nightmare disappear deeper into the blue sky. He tried to open his mouth again, but salt water filled the hole. Sputtering and gasping, he struggled to stay above the water line. His dragon had ditched him AGAIN. When I get my hands on that dragon... he thought. Luckily he'd seen the island while in the air and decided to ride by it. That meant, it wasn't to far of a swim. What a day, he already had a toothache from the twidiots punching him last night. Now this.

The beach he collapsed on was rocky and hard. Still, it was better than the ocean. It was a pretty dull looking place with very little vegetation and all the same colored rocks.

"Great. This had to be the island I just happened to be by." He threw his hands in the air. He loosed his belt buckle and removed his water filled helmet, before beginning to explore the the stupid rock. That was his first mistake. His second was not running when he saw them.

A small ship docked near the west shore was peacefully rocking in the water. A fire was burning where he could hear people laughing and smell food cooking. Maybe they can help me. he thought.

They were a rough looking group, but Snot had seen all of that ten times over. The insignia on the ship was two swords crossed through a bat looking thing. Cool. He thought. As he approached them he raised his hands. 

"Hey there! Do you have room around the campfire for one more viking?" The optimism on his face quickly drained when they stood, weapons unsheathed with a cruel looking demeanor. 

"Take him." One of them said. He was a smaller than the rest, with beady eyes and pale skin. He looked like some sort of shark zombie that walked on land. Although he tried, he didn't make it far before they caught him.

.      .      .

"This ones a dragon rider." A female voice announced. The sound was cold and eerie, like a morning fog drifting to the shores of Berk.

"How do you know?" Another voice, the same one that commanded the men to attack him.

"Look at the callouses on his hands. He's been gripping dragon horns." The female voice again. "He's definitely one of them."

"Thats right I am." Snotlout gloated. "Why don't you show your face coward. Then let me go, and I'll show you what I can do! " Tied and blindfolded, his face planted into the cold stone ground, he was in no condition to be saying those things. He heard a blade unsheathe then felt a small pinch,  centered in the small of his back.

"Silence you insolent fool." The female voice hissed. "Take off his blindfold." She barked, and someone roughy removed it, taking a chunk of his black hair along with it. After adjusting his eyes and raising his head off the ground, he could see his captor.

She was beautiful in a dangerous sort of light. A leather corset was laced up over her white tunic, around her waist was a belt, a few knives hanging loosely around it. She wore trousers and boots instead of a dress. Her long black hair waved wildly around her face, and her eyes, fearsome eyes they were, black as the night and as dead as the winter. Her lips were red and reminded him of blood. This woman was not to be trifled with, and she knew it. He almost could've admired her. 

"How do you stop a bird from flying?" she asked cooly, sword still poised on his back

"You kill it DUH!" He snorted acting unintimidated. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"No, idiot." A disgusted look passed through her face. "You take it's wings.

"I will not kill you, dragon rider." She said the words as if it was poisonous. "I will only dislodge a piece of your spine, which you will survive from after days of excruciating pain, but you will be paralyzed." Her eyes narrowed. "You'll never ride a dragon again." Surprise clung to Snotlout for a few seconds before his Viking attitude and demeanor took over.