Forgotten

The jail was dark, lit only by torches. The cells were empty except for the one in the far back. Hiccup could barely make out Victoria's dark figure hunched in the corner. His footsteps echoed in the dungeon hall as he approached. Slightly she turned her head giving him a death glare he was sure.

"Come to kill me?" She said miserably almost as if she wanted him to.

"No, Victoria you're not getting out that easy. But this stops now. You are going to alert the rest of your fleet in your handwriting that your invasion plan is off, and then we are going to desert you on an island somewhere you can't hurt anyone."

"Aren't you afraid I'll come back?" She questioned.

"No." He neared the cell and placed his hands on the cold bars. "I know you won't come back, especially after I tell you this.

"What?" She stood, her clothes ruffled and dirty, her face mocking. "I won't stop trying. I think we've come to know each other a bit better than that. You are a fool." Hiccup only stared at her for a minute. "What no cheesy comeback?" She scoffed.

"Your father was Drago Bludvist right?"

"Yes." Her face hardened. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"You blame me for his death."

"More than you know." She said the words with so much anger it was radiating through the prison.

"You should know," He kept a straight face. "Your dad, killed mine. You are all about retaliation right?" Her eyes were focused on him, she said nothing. "Our fathers are both dead." He spat out. "We. ARE. Even." A look of horror fell over her as she stepped back. The most surprising thing was the sob that came from her mouth, and the tears that fell from her eyes.

He turned around and began his steady escape to the door. At the entrance he stopped and boomed his last words to her.

"You are never coming back." He turned to give her one last glance. "And I promise, I will forget about you."

As he entered the crisp night air he stopped and closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he rolled his shoulders. In the distance he could hear the warm sounds of a celebration roaring, promising to continue through the night.

With every step he took away from the prison cell, the more and more he left the pain behind. The further he wandered towards the village the less and less he could remember all that had happened. And the distance he placed between him and Victoria Auber, became the distance between the memories that would no longer haunt him. By the time he had caught up with his friends, he had forgotten.