Tricks

"Fishlegs!" Hiccup screamed over the wind. "That ship! Lets get in close." He leaned forward in the saddle and urged Toothless into a dive, plummeting towards the sea. The night fury screeched in a high pitch noise as he neared the vessel as it lazily bobbed on the water.

They maneuvered right next to the boat where Hiccup could clearly see the large white sail flapping in the wind. Two swords crossed through some sort of bat looking thing that had legs, and ears. This is the one. he thought as knots tied in his stomach.

Toothless landed right on the deck causing it to rock back and forth. Hiccup carefully scanned the ship pinching his eyebrows together, one hand resting on toothless's head who was growling. It was quiet. There was no one there. The ship had been abandoned. Fog began to circle around the ship as Meatlug and Fishlegs heavily landed behind them. Even they were quiet. Hiccup carefully dismounted scanning the boat. He could see a small set of stairs leading down underneath the ship.

"Hiccup, I don't like this." Fishlegs warrned.

"Yeah, me neither." He unsheathed the sword from his belt and crept foreword to the stairs. "Stay here bud." He told toothless who groaned and looked disappointed. Soon he could hear Fishlegs behind him nearly wheezing from fear. He heald his bow, an arrow set between his fingers ready to shoot. Below deck was quiet too. It wasn't very large. A hallway down the middle split a room to the left and room to the right. Each one had bunk beds, but there was nothing in them, completely abandoned.

At the end of the corridor, a wooden door remained shut. The two looked at each other before advancing carefully inching forward. Fish legs gulped and stepped behind Hiccup as gripped the swinging the entrance open, not making a sound.

A skinny man sat alone in the small room sitting behind a desk. His blonde hair was thin and wispy, like he never brushed it. His cheekbones were practically chiseled into his face they were so sharp. And his eyes were beady, switching back and forth between Hiccup and Fishlegs.

Fishlegs drew back his bow and aimed it steady for his chest. Before they could start asking questions he spoke up in a quiet, and whiney voice. His accent was strange, as if his words were constantly slurred.

"It's about time you showed." He nervously wrung his hands. Hiccup squinted at him like he was trying to find the rest of him. This is Leif? he thought. "I've been waiting for two days, like a dog." He spat out. "But it is what the mistress wanted."

"Are you Leif?" Hiccup Asked disbelief in his voice.

"It is commander Leif, to you." He glared.

"We are looking for your leader. A woman, dark hair, black eyes? Ring a bell?" Fishlegs lowered his bow.

"She knows your looking for her. And yes. It does , "ring a bell." He mocked, rubbing his boney fingers.

"Who is she? Where can we find her?" Hiccup stepped forward and tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword.

"She's on Outcast island, the west shore. She's alone except for her ship crew. She wants a meeting with you, and is expecting you to come soon."

"Hiccup," Fishlegs quietly whispered to him. However Hiccup never took his eyes off of Leif. "He's lying, if we leave we'll never find her, or him again. We can't trust anything he says."

"I know." He replied, eyes still glued to Leif.

"What is her name, we need a name." He demanded frustration passing over his face.

"Mistress Victoria Auber." He said the name dreamily. It made Hiccup feel sick to his stomach, finally knowing who she was.

All of this is so strange. He thought. We finally tracked him down, but when we got here she knew we were coming, she left him alone, ungaurded, defenseless. Why? Why? Why? Then she says she's waiting for us on Outcast island to meet? What is this "Victoria Auber" playing at? This makes no sense. Also, why would she leave her "commander" here?