||W e d d i n g||

Start from the beginning

When he turned to see that I had stopped chasing him, he stopped as well and walked back to me, panting for air.
"By the way" he said in between his breaths, "I didn't say yes to Zeyara. I just told him to come to the mosque after duhr and then I will see."

I looked at him incredulously and huffed, "What is there to see?"
All I knew was that I liked Zryara and wanted to spend my life with him. It was that simple.

He walked nearer to me as he said, "I can't just give you away blindly. I don't know if he has a house, if he has enough money. I don't even know his age. For all I know, he could be forty year old pedophile, disguised as Zeyara. Or worse-"

"Gotcha!" I flung over and grabbed his arm while he was ranting. Ibrahim had totally forgotten that he was supposed to be running away from me. My question had distracted him and now I caught him.
Sweet victory.

He rolled his eyes and swiped my hand off his arm. "You are seventeen but act like a ten year old. You are so not ready for marriage."

"You're just jealous." I teased him.

He sighed, "Whatever" and murmured in defeat, while running a hand over his beard to smooth it down after it had gone wild when he was running. "So I was saying, I'm going to ask questions to Zeyara after zuhr."

"I'm sure he'll impress you big brother." I chuckled.
The excitement was already building up inside me. I highly doubt that Zeyara would be a forty years old pedophile but I also doubt that he will be sixteen or seventeen.

One can't just be a secret agent, a really good fighter and a senior leader and be seventeen at the same time.
No matter how old he is, he is really good at hiding it.

After talking to me, Ibrahim went off to the masjid because it was almost time for duhr and I walked back to my room. A few minutes later, I heard the azan in my brother's voice and prayed duhr.

After praying I knew that Zeyara might be talking to Ibrahim right now and I felt a strange kind of nervousness and anxiety inside me. I tried to hold myself but I was dying to hear what Zeyara had to say.

I sneaked out of my room and made my way to the masjid silently. I know it's not good to eavesdrop but when I saw Ibrahim and Zeyara sitting face to face alone, in the men's side of the masjid, I hid behind my favourite eavesdropping hideout, the door.

They were far away from where I was standing. Zeyara's back was towards me while Ibrahim faced my direction.
Both of them were dressed in traditional Arab thobes.

From the back, Zeyara's almost bald head made me want to slap myself. I need to start controlling my words because they affect people so badly. That's why the Prophet SAWW said, 'speak a good word or remain silent.'

I directed all my attention towards their words.

"So I know that my sister likes you, it's pretty obvious but I'm sure her liking towards you is not because of you it's just because she has never been around men and now that she saw one, she just fell like a hormonal idiot."

I repressed the urge to go and slap Ibrahim. Ugh. Does he not know that all my life I've been in the United Kingdom. Throughout my school and college there were loads of boys that I could fall for. It's not that the only boy I ever saw was Zeyara!