19: A hero

"Crystal!" Wanda called, hurrying her steps to try and catch up with the blonde female. With a burst of energy the upset brunette jumped forward, catching the crying females arm tightly. "Stop please!" Miss Evans paused for a moment, turning until she met Miss Maximoff's eyes. Both enhanced stood with tears in their eyes, unable to form words as the events that had happened over the past few hours finally hit them like a wave crashing onto the shore.

They fell to the floor together, more tears escaping their eyes and bodies heaving as they sobbed. "I'm so sorry Wanda, I tried, I want to-"

"It isn't your fault Crystal." Wanda hushed softly through her own cries. "He did what he thought best, he died-"

"A hero." A voice added. "He saved my life, I will forever be thankful for that." Clint gave both young enhanced a soft smile before tilting his head back to the corridor. "They're letting people see him before they, you know, move him some place else until a funeral can be arranged."

"I don't know if-"

"Crystal you need to see him." Ruby's voice interrupted, the blue eyed female appearing beside the archer with her head bowed slightly. "You need to say goodbye." Silence followed. "Look I know you aren't happy with me but don't let that stop you from saying goodbye, like you said he was our friend. I've already said my goodbyes so it'll just be you and Wanda, I'll leave you to it. Please Crystal, or you'll regret it."

"We have to go now?"

"You only have five minuets until they're removing him from the infirmary." Agent Barton answered with a sigh. The girls nodded and stood up in sync, gripping onto each other as if holding one another together. Clint and Ruby watched them leave. "You good?" A smile made its way onto the seventeen year olds face, causing the archer to frown slightly. "What are you smiling at?"

"Thank you."

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For helping them. I know what you said to Wanda during the battle, she needed that, a confidence boost. And telling them both they needed to say goodbye, they wouldn't have gone otherwise. That would have been their biggest regret ever, so thank you." Miss Jackson bowed her head. "And you kept your promise."

"I didn't keep Pietro safe."

"You couldn't have stopped him, I understand that. When he gets an idea into his head it's hard to stop him, you should have seen him after our battle on Ulysses Klaue's boat. He was ready to tear your head off for hurting Wanda, it took both her and Crystal to stop him coming back in and throwing you from where you stood to the ground below." Clint let out a unamused chuckled, following Ruby back to the infirmary where they stood outside Pietro's room. Even though she knew she wasn't particularly wanted there Ruby wanted to make sure that the others were okay when the emerged once more.

Meanwhile Wanda Maximoff and Crystal Evans stood over the lifeless body of Pietro Maximoff, doctors and nurses having left them alone for a few moments. Everything was silent, the lack of sound haunting. "He's really gone." Wanda mumbled, rubbing her eyes as more tears began to fall.

"Yeah." Crystal stepped forward, placing her hands on the males arm. "I'm sorry Wanda." Miss Maximoff shook her head once more but never opened her mouth to reply, simply casting her eyes towards her brothers still and blood ridden figure once more. "You didn't deserve this." Miss Evans continued, her green orbs locked on the males face as she spoke in no more than a hushed whisper. "You've never done anything to deserve this."

Suddenly, the door swung open, both females turning to face the doctors and nurses all stood ready  to move the silver/white haired male. "We're sorry ladies but it's time." Spoke one of the doctors, casting a sad smile towards the pair who had turned back to their friend and brother. Wanda bent down and kissed her twins forehead, lingering for a few seconds before pulling away, whispering her goodbyes and her love for him in their native tongue.

Crystal also placed as small kiss to the males temple, her hands cupped over his tightly as she did so. "I'm so sorry." With that the blonde began to pull away slowly. However before she could move herself from the boys side completely a sharp pain shot from her heart down her arm, causing her to cry out and collapse where she stood. Within seconds Wanda and Ruby were by her side, the latter having burst into the room after hearing her best friends cries.

Doctors and nurses began to advance towards the three woman when a screeching broke through the air, the monitors that Pietro was hooked up to jumping to life and crying out. The room was sent into chaos as a heart beat began to thump on the monitors, slow but steady. A small intake of breath echoed around the room, the noise coming from the unconscious male himself. "He's alive." A nurse muttered as she scanned over his vital signs before turning to Clint who stood in the door way with a raised eyebrow. "He's alive and stabilising." His eyes moved to the three woman huddled up on the floor.

None of them seemed to be paying attention to anything but each other, Crystal being held in between the older pair as they calmer her down after the painful shock. Seconds later the machines let out another wail, finally attracting the attention of all three enhanced woman. Their eyes wandered to the boys figure as it began to convulse, his limps flailing violently as nurses tried to hold him still. Ruby jumped to her feet, her hands gripping Pietro's legs to help keep him held to the bed while doctors tried to sedate him.

Crystal, Wanda and Clint also joined in to keep him to the bed, the archer moving to help the blue eyed female hold his legs while the other two females held his arms tightly to his side. The chaos continued for several minutes until all on his own Mr Maximoff stilled, his eyes closed and chest rising and falling rapidly as if he had just ran around the earth several times in the small amount of time that he had been seizing for. Calmness washed over the room until he uttered three simple words.

"Wanda. Crystal. Ruby."