16: His Meteor

Crystal gently scooped up a small child in her arms, hurrying alongside the Mother who held hands with two other children. The five hurried to the edge of the city, Glimmer placing the child down once they were at a safe enough distance from the fight that was about to ensue. "Thank you." Wheezed the Mother, giving a small smile to the sixteen year old before hurrying off with her three children. Miss Evans fluttered her wings slightly before taking off into the air to look at the scene from above.

On the ground below Ruby helped an elderly male to safety, his arm slung over her shoulders as she held him up. Once they made it to the edge of the city she released him, giving him a reassuring smile before beginning back to the centre again. "Thank you, child." He called after her, earning a wave back in return. Mimic was soon joined by Glimmer as they came across a large family of ten, both blondes helping two children each while the parents helped the other four.

Suddenly the ground began to rumble under their feet, the movement knocking others down around them. Screams of panic rang out as silver bots began climbing through the cracks and up out of the water. Ruby and Crystal snapped their heads around as the twins joined them. "Crystal, Pietro. Get this family to safety, you two can move faster than us." Miss Jackson ordered before taking Miss Maximoff by the hand. "You need to get inside more people's heads, get them out of here Wanda!"

The brunette looked towards the seventeen year old skeptically, unsure of whether it was the right thing to do. However she was soon snapped out of her thoughts when Ruby was knocked off her feet from behind, one of Ultron's robots holding onto her. Instantly Mimic threw her head back, slamming it into the bot and causing it to release its grip. Before the silver creature could attack again the blonde pulled a small knife from her waist band and threw it, embedding it into the robots face.

When Ruby turned around once more Wanda was no longer near her, meaning she was on her own. With a shrug the blue eyed girl picked up her knife and ran at another bot, quickly cutting its power supply before moving on again. The girl grinned as she continued to kill the robots, finally doing what she was trained to do once more. "Look out!" Some one exclaimed, just as Steve's shield bounced past the girls body at high speeds.

"Thanks Cap." She shouted over the chaos, throwing her knife once more. The blade whistled past the Soldiers ear before landing in a bots power source. Instantly the bot collapsed lifelessly, allowing Steve to retrieve the blade and had it back to the blue eyed girl who gave a small smile. Just as the pair began fighting once more Ultron's voice rang out hauntingly.

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack under the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

"To bad the metal you're made of doesn't do well in space." Mimic muttered to herself, jumping off an upturned car and throwing herself at another robot. "Cap." She mumbled, falling to the ground with metal under her feet. "What do we do?"

~~~~~

Meanwhile Crystal flew above the city, her hands thrust out in front of her as she burnt another robot until it melted and fell from the sky. She could feel the energy being slowly drained from her as she continued to use her elemental powers while staying in flight. Another robot darted towards the curly haired female, it's bright red eyes focused on the green eyed girls floating figure as it came towards her with rapid speed.

Without a second thought Glimmer threw herself out the bot, colliding with it half way. They spun out of control for several seconds until the girl managed to get the upper hand, flooding the robots systems with water before tearing herself away. It fell heavily to the ground, joining the small pile that she had subconsciously created while destroying the things that were made by Ultron.

From her vantage point Crystal watched as the Helicarrier broke through the clouds, coming into view along with Nick Fury's voice. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Let's load 'em up." Steve's voice soon added as Crystal took down serval more bots with her fire. The girls wings drooped slightly as she began even more fatigued, her body feeling heavy. Glimmer dropped from the sky, her wings weighing down severely on her back and eyes fluttering with exhaustion. Pietro sped towards the female, halting sharply at her side before slipping his arm around her waist.

"Are you okay ангел?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Mr Maximoff raised an eyebrow but said no more, scooping up curly haired female in his arms and heading towards the Church. Once there he placed her back on her feet, colour already coming back to her face and tiredness seemingly wearing off quickly. Everyone else soon joined the pair, Thor and Vision in the Church, Wanda and Ruby automatically taking places beside Pietro and Crystal.

"You good?" Questioned the male Maximoff, his eyes flicking between his sister and Ruby.

"Yeah." They answered, nodding slightly as Tony began to talk down the comms.

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing hide he zucchini."

"Relax shell head." The assassin replied swiftly just as a large bulldozer came into view. "Not all of us can fly." Natasha jumped gracefully from the vehicle, landing beside Tony with a grin. "What's the drill?"

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

"Well that's comforting." Crystal muttered darkly as Thor shouted;

"Is that the best you can do?" Ultron chuckled and raised his hand, a horde of bots joining him seconds later.

"Shit." Whispered Ruby.

"You had to ask."

******

I'm so so so sorry. I know it's really late and there is no other reason other than College. It's a lot of work and doesn't let me have much time to myself nowadays but I'm trying my hardest I promise!

I have the next few chapters planned out so they should be up in the next few days, fingers crossed.

ангел means Angel

Anyway, thank you so much for reading!

secretsandlie x