14: Trains and lightening

"Somethings off." Ruby muttered once the four enhanced had climbed onto the train that would take them to the outskirts of the city. Her hand was stretched to the side, holding Crystal in place as the carriages began to move. There were hardly any people along the train, all of them minding their own business, not seeming to mind or care about the four.

"R, calm down there's nothing-" Shattering glass cut the youngest off, screams following shortly after. Pietro darted to the source of the noise, Ruby, Crystal and Wanda all following quickly behind. Ultron stood dumbfound in the centre of the front carriage, his bright red eyes scanning his surrounding before he lunged at the speedsters. However he didn't get very close before Wanda stopped him, her hexes creating a barrier between her twin and the robot. The Duo watched before allowing their powers to flow, covering them in white light before leaving them dressed for battle.

"Please." The bot almost sighed, seeing the four young people glare at him. "Don't do this."

"What choice do we have?" Wanda hissed, before he flew off. Crystal spread her wings, ready to chase after the murderous bot but Ruby held her down.

"Don't bother."

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve ordered before turning to the Twins and the Duo who all looked at him somewhat nervously. "Civilians in our path." He spoke as the train derailed, causing the passengers to let out more cries of terror. Mr Maximoff and Miss Evans exchanged a short glance before both hurrying off, the latter flying while scooping people away from the danger. Captain America then turned to the other two woman. "Can you stop this thing."

"Give me your hand." Miss Jackson nodded, grabbing Miss Maximoff's hand instantly as she mimicked her powers. Together the blonde and the brunette focused on pulling yet train to a stop, red hexes emitting form both of their hands and wrapping around the wheels. Soon the screaming stopped, the train came to a halt and the two enhanced jumped off. All four young people met up, Pietro breathing hard while Crystal gave a tired smile.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minuet."

"Me too."

"I'm tempted not to give you one." Ruby folded her arms tightly as she spoke;

"The Cradle."

"Did you get it?" Wanda asked, stepping away from her brother slightly to look at the super solider who nodded once.

"Stark will take care of it."

"No he won't." The curly haired blonde countered, shaking her head.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy."

"Isn't Stark the reason we're in this mess?" Spat the blue eyed female, her arms still folded tightly.

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda added. Steve turned away abruptly.

"Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms." Mr Rogers huffed once, giving Wanda the signal to speak again.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" The ex-soldier huffed again.

"Steve, everything is lay out right in front of you." Crystal added, her voice slightly horse and out of breath. "Look at the facts, you know Tony better than us."

"We need to stop him before he does anything else."

"We're going back to New York." Ordered the oldest male, turning on his heels and marching away. "Come on you four, unless you want to remain S.H.I.E.L.D fugitives."

~~~~~

Hours later Steve lead the Twins and the Duo though the halls of the Avengers tower, not taking note of the agents around him. "I'm only going to say this once." The super soldier spoke up, slamming the door of the lab open.

"How about 'nonce'?" Stark suggested, turning around happily until his eyes landed on the enhanced.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not going to happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Doctor Banner joined in, tapping  small device in his hand as he watched the scene. "She's-" He pointed at Wanda, "In fact they-" His eyes landed on Ruby who glared back. "Aren't in your head?"

"I know you're angry." Wanda tried, only to be shot down as the curly haired male spoke again.

"Oh, we're past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"You won't go anywhere near her." Crystal narrowed her eyes challengingly.

"Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!"

"You don't know what's in there!" Ruby yelled, pointing at the cradle angrily.

"This isn't a game." Steve growled out.

"The creature-!" Pietro cut off his twin abruptly, speeding around the object and disconnecting all the wires surrounding it. Everyone fell silent and stared.

"No, no." He shook his head happily, dropping a tube to the floor before walking away slightly. "Got on, you were saying." However before anyone could reply the glass floor beneath the blue eyed male collapsed, sending him spiralling to the level below with Wanda and Crystal shouting after him.

"Pietro!"

Suddenly Wanda was pulled back, Bruce's arms locked around her neck. "Go ahead, piss me off." He threatened, glaring at Ruby and Crystal was stepped forward to pull him away. Just as everything starts to get heated once more Thor burst into the room, holding his hammer above his head before slamming it into the cradle.

"Hey!" Ruby exclaimed, diving at the God before pushing him away from the cradle that continued to spark. Everyone fell silent once more,watching as smoke began to escape before the lid flew open and a red skinned creature emerged. It stood still for several moments before barrelling towards Thor and Ruby. Without a second thought the son of Odin threw the thing over their heads, sending it flying towards the window on the other side of the lab.

Bruce released Wanda, who was grabbed by Crystal, and watched the creature in amazement. Clint and Pietro soon also joined everyone in the lab, their eyes focused on what had just emerged. "I'm sorry." A voice that resembled J.A.R.V.I.S spoke up, the creature now floating back towards the group. "That was odd." He turned to Thor. "Thank you."