The New Girl (Shugo Chara) - Chapter 10 - An Unforgettable Moment

Chapter 10 - An Unforgettable Moment

It is Christmas Eve! Amu's family held a party in their house. Everyone was invited including, Crystal, Ikuto, and Utau. When everyone walked inside, they were carrying gifts. "Hi Crystal!", Amu said while waving. "Hi! Merry Christmas!", Crystal said with a smile. "Do you need any help?", Amu asked. "No. I'm fine," Crystal replied as she walked in front of the Christmas Tree. "Where can I put these?". "You can put these over here," Amu said while pointing at an empty space on the floor. "Okay. Thank you." When Crystal placed the gifts on the floor, she got a box of brownie mix out of her bag. "Do you mind if I bake brownies for the party?", Crystal asked, showing the brownie mix to Amu's parents. "Uh..sure!", they said with a smile. "Oh my goodness! Chocolate chip with nuts! This is my favorite kind of brownie!", Amu said while looking at the box. "Really?! It's my favorite too," Crystal said with a smile. "May I have some?", Amu's little sister, Ami, asked as she tugged Crystal's red dress. "Of course you can!", Crystal said as she bent down and patted her head.

Moments later, everyone else came and Crystal's brownies were finished. Everyone was surprised that Crystal can bake. "The brownies are delicious, Crystal!", Yaya said with a chocolate brownie covered mouth. Crystal responded with a smile as everyone enjoyed her brownies. An hour later, everyone started to open presents.

Amu recieved a hat, bracelets, clothes, hairclips, and shoes. Yaya recieved clothes, a hat, jewelry, and new bows for her hair. Tadase recieved clothes and a pin that said "I am a KING". Everyone laughed. Rima recieved a hairband, clothes, and jewelry. Nagihiko recieved clothes, shoes, and a hat. Utau recieved a dress from Ikuto, sandals, and a necklace. Ikuto recieved clothes and sunglasses. Then, it was Crystal's turn. Crystal recieved jewelry, clothes, and sandals. But that's not all. Ikuto surprised her with a bracelet that had the letter i. "I for Ikuto?", Crystal asked. "Y-Yeah," Ikuto said with a blushing smile while looking at the bracelet. "Thank you," Crystal said with a smile as she hugged him. Ikuto reacted with surprise and then hugged her back, smiling with closed eyes.

Weeks later, it was New Years Eve. Everyone gathered at the amusement park. The amusement park was holding a little New Years Party. Everyone was allowed to stay after 12:00! Music was playing, people were eating, people were dancing, and people were riding rides. Amu, Ami, Rima, Tadase, and Nagihiko were riding rides while Ikuto, Crystal, and Utau were sitting down, looking at the stars. "You're not going to go on any rides?", Crystal asked Ikuto and Utau. "Nah. I'm tired," Utau replied. "Me too," Ikuto replied. "I'm going to go get some some ice-cream," Utau said as she walked away. Crystal sighed. "Are you tired?", Ikuto asked Crystal. "Yeah. We've been here for 8 hours," Crystal replied as she yawned. "Do you want to go to sleep?", Ikuto asked. Crystal looked at him and asked, "What are you trying to say?". "You can sleep next to me if you want," Ikuto said. Crystal started to blush, "U-Um..I don't think that will be a good idea," she stuttered as she turned around. 

"U-Uh..it was just a suggestion. You don't have to," Ikuto stuttered as he started to blush. "O-Okay," Crystal said as she turned around, placed her jacket on the top of the bench on the right side, rested her head and closed her eyes. Minutes later, Crystal fell asleep. Utau walked up and asked, "Is she asleep?". "Yeah," Ikuto said, smiling. "Why are you smiling?", Utau asked. "She's pretty cute when she's sleeping." Utau started to get angry and when Ikuto looked at her, he reacted with surprise. "I didn't mean it that way, Utau! Uh--", Ikuto said while blushing. "It's okay, Ikuto," Utau said with a smile as she walked away. "It's okay, Ikuto. I understand.You care for her and she cares for you. This is your chance. Earlier today, I overheard you wondering if your outfit was okay for the party. From that moment, I knew that you wanted to look great when you see Crystal. That was the first time you have ever worried abut your look. Also, that bracelet you gave her. You gave it to her because..you loved her. Oh! My little Ikuto is growing up! *clears throat* Anyways, Ikuto..a new year is in a couple of hours...this your chance to let it have a good start for you" : Utau thought, walking to the rides with the smile still on her face.

30 minutes have passed, and Crystal fell into a deep sleep. Suddenly, she starts to lean to the right and rests on Ikuto's shoulder. Awaken from his sleep, Ikuto woke up and found Crystal, resting on his shoulder. "Crystal?", Ikuto said, looking at her. Crystal was silent which made him smile. Ikuto saw her jacket that was about to fall, grabbed it, and placed on his lap. Then, he gently moved Crystal, so her head would be on his lap. Once her head went on his lap, Ikuto went back to sleep. 

Another 30 minutes have passed, Crystal slowly woke up. When she woke up, she found out that she rested on Ikuto's lap and reacted with surprise. "I fell asleep on Ikuto's lap?!", Crystal yelled quietly. She looked at Ikuto, who was sleeping peacefully and smiled. "Thank you. I was feeling uncomfortable anyway," Crystal said. Crystal placed her back against the bench and sighed, "What time is it?". She looked at her cellphone, and found out that it was 11:00."1 more hour!", Crystal said. Suddenly, Ikuto slowly woke up. "Is something wrong?", he asked Crystal. "No. Nothing's wrong. It's 11:00 by the way," Crystal replied. "Oh! It's 11:00! Time went by pretty fast!", he said. Crystal looked to the side, "What should I say now?". "How was your sleep?", Ikuto asked. "It was fine. What about you?", Crystal replied. "It was fine," Ikuto replied.

It was silent for a moment. "Umm..Ikuto." "Yeah?" "Thank you for placing my head in your lap." "I know. I heard you thank me earlier." "What?! You would've replied?!". "I was too tired to talk." "TOO TIRED TO TALK?! YOU'RE TALKING A LOT RIGHT NOW!", Crystal snapped. Ikuto chuckled, "I'm I'm sorry. You're just so cute when you snap." Crystal reacted with surprise and then she smiled. Once she smiled, Ikuto smiled too.

45 minutes later, everyone gathered in the middle of the amusement park for the countdown. After the countdown. the amusement park was scheduled to have a firework show. While everyone was waiting, Ikuto was looking at Crystal as she was looking at her cellphone. Ikuto looked to the side: "Should I? Or should I not? I can't let these be a waste. I bought these with my own money." Ikuto looked back at Crystal as she closed her cellphone and looked at Ikuto. "Are you alright?", Crystal asked. "I'm fine," Ikuto said with a smiled. Once he smiled, she smiled too and looked at the sky. "I can do this. I can do this." "Crystal?", Ikuto asked. "Yeah?", Crystal replied. "Would you.." Crystal looked at him, waiting for what he wanted to say. Suddenly, "10.." "Would you like.." "9.." "Crystal?" "8.." "Would you like to.." "7.." "Would you like to come.." "6.." Ikuto pulled out a ticket to Paris, France. "Would you like to come with me.." "5.." "to France?" "4.." Crystal reacted with surprise. "3.." "Will you?" As Ikuto looked at Crystal, Crystal leaned in slowly and said quietly, "Yes" with a smile. Ikuto responded with a smile. "2.." As they looked in each other's eyes, Crystal continued to lean in. "1!!" They both kissed.

Crystal's arms were wrapped around Ikuto's neck, while her right hand was holding the ticket. Ikuto's arms were wrapped Crystal's waist as he picked her up, turned around, and dropped her carefully. After that, they pulled away, smiled and hugged. In the background, Amu and everyone else smiled while looking at the couple share an unforgettable moment together.

3 days later, Crystal and Ikuto met at the airport. Ikuto asked, "Are you ready?". "Yeah," Crystal replied. "WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!", a voice yelled. Crystal and Ikuto turned around. They found Amu, Tadase, Rima, Nagihiko, and Utau running to them. "Guys!", Crystal yelled. When they stopped in front of them, Crystal looked down and found out that they had luggage. Crystal asked, "Why do you have luggage?". Everyone was silent. "No way..YOU"RE COMING WITH US?!", Crystal snapped. Everyone nodded with a smile. After that, Crystal and Ikuto looked at each other, surprised. 

* To be continued.. *