The New Girl (Shugo Chara) - Chapter 7 - The Humpty Dumpty Legend

Chapter 7 - The Humpty Dumpty Legend

          It is the end of school. Amu and Crystal walking together. "What did you do with Ikuto when I left the other day?", Amu asked. "Uh..nothing much," Crystal replied while looking off to the side, blushing. She starts to think about what happened: Crystal and Ikuto are walking together and talking about what they have been doing. Amu looked at Crystal and asked, "Um..Crystal?". "Y-yeah!". "Are you okay?", Amu asked. "I-I'm fine!", Crystal said, while blushing. "Why am I thinking about that?" : Crystal thought.

          When she arrived at her house, Crystal went to her bedroom and fell on her bed. "I'm so tired," Crystal said. Her Shugo Charas flew up to her and looked at her face. "Are you thinking about Ikuto?", Lily asked. Once she heard that, she turned around and blushed. Her Shugo Charas went up to her head and smiled. "St-stop it!", Crystal yelled. 'Are you starting to--". "No!". "Are you--". "No!" "You are--!". "No! I am not doing what you think I am doing!". "Looks like someone's being stubborn," Mimi said while crossing her arms. Crystal planted her face on her pillow and groaned: "Why do I keep blushing?".

          The next day, the Guardians were working in the garden at the back of the school. They were watering the plants, removing weeds, and placing more soil. "Crystal, I need your help!", Rima yelled. "Okay. I'm coming," Crystal replied. While she was running to Rima, she saw a man walking around. She looked closely, but she bumped into Rima, dropping the watering can. Crystal and Rima were wet. "I am so sorry, Rima!", Crystal said as an apology. Suddenly, she felt an angry  feeling coming from Rima. Rima had eyes of daggers, "MY CLOTHES ARE WET!!". Crystal sweatdropped, "Ah...this..is..awkward."

          When they were finished with their job, Crystal said to Rima, "Again, I am so so sorry!". "It's okay. I'm sorry for being angry," Rima said while scratching the back of her head. Crystal looked to the side and saw the same man from earlier. She stopped walking and looked closely. Amu looked at Crystal and asked, "Is something wrong?". "No-," Crystal looked back but the man was gone. She looked back at Amu and said, "It's nothing." Crystal continued to walk while Amu looked at her, wondering what is going on. At the end of school, everyone had to leave in opposite directions. So, Crystal was walking in the direction she was walking in yesterday. While she was walking, she ran into Ikuto, who just crossed the street.

          "I-Ikuto?!", Crystal said with surprise. "Crystal?!", Ikuto replied. "Wha are you doing here?", Crystal asked. "My mom told me to get some groceries. What about you?", Ikuto asked. "I just finished school," Crystal replied. "Well, would you like me to walk you home?", Ikuto asked. Crystal reacted with surprise and said, "Sure" while blushing.

          While they were walking, Crystal couldn't stop blushing. Suddenly, she thought about when they were walking and talking before. She shook her head, trying to stop thinking about it. "You know, I have been thinking about what happened that day. Between your Humpty Lock and my Dumpty Key," Ikuto said. "Have you?". He looked at her and once she saw him, she turned away. "Y-yeah," Crystal replied, uncomfortably. "I still don't know what that meant." "Me neither," Ikuto replied. "I do."

          A man walked out of the shadows. It was Tsukasa. "Tsukasa?!", Crystal yelled with surprise. He waved and said, "Hi" in a happy fashion. "What are you doing here?!" "I just happened to be passing by," Tsukasa replied. "Yeah..." : Crystal thought. An image came into her mind: The man she saw at school. From looking closely, it was Tsukasa. "You were at Comet High?!", Crystal yelled with surprise, again. He smiled and chuckled. "You scared me!". "Relax. I just wanted to see you all again," Tsukasa said. Crystal crossed her arms. "Anyways, I know what that meant. Come with me." Tsukasa led Ikuto and Crystal to a place where they can keep their conversation private: the park.

          When they arrived at the park, Tsukasa started to explain. "As you might know, the Humpty Lock and Dumpty Key are a matching set. They hold all your powers. You, Crystal, are the second person who has ever gave birth to three eggs. You, Ikuto, you..are the one who is holding the only Dumpty Key on this planet. You are a special person. You two, are special people. So, that shine meant, that your powers are compatible. And, Crystal, you are the true Humpty Lock holder." "Wait. What?! What about Amu?", Crystal asked. "Her Humpty Lock, powers, and Shugo Charas are going to be safe and sound. Nothing is going to change. You, Crystal, are the true Humpty Lock holder and you, Ikuto, are the true Dumpty Key holder. You share the same powers and radiance than your friends. The relationship between your lock and key will never change or break. That's how special and unique it is. Now that I gave you all the information, I hope you understand." Tsukasa walked away without saying a word.

           "My Humpty Lock and your Dumpty Key are compatible," Crystal said with surprise. " I can't believe it," Ikuto said. Crystal looked at her Humpty Lock. "If we're compatible, then..", Crystal said as she looked at Ikuto. She shook her head and said, "This is weird." "Yeah," Ikuto replied. "We can't be," Crystal said as Ikuto and she laughed sarcastically. "Wait what?!", they both yelled. In the background, Amu was there hiding behind a tree the whole time. "Have you--?", Crystal asked softly, while looking down, blushing. Ikuto looked to the side, blushing as well. Amu was shocked and surprised that she ran away. Crystal's Shugo Charas sensed Amu's Shugo Charas, but kept it silent.

            "Do.. you like me?", Crystal asked. "I mean it's been a long time." "Y-you're right," Ikuto replied. "Yeah..", Crystal said softly. They were both silent. "Um.. I have to go now. Can you walk from here?", Ikuto asked. "Yeah. Um..thank you for bringing me this far," Crystal said. "No problem. Bye." Crystal looked at Ikuto as he walked away. Crystal closed her eyes and exhaled.  While he was walking, he exhaled too. "You should've said something-nya," Yoru said. "Not yet. We hardly know each other," Ikuto said. "But you want to get to know her right?", Eric asked. Ikuto closed his eyes, "I do. But, I still..love Amu.."

            In her bedroom, Amu is on her bed, thinking about what happened at the park. Ran, Miki, and Su looked at her and said, "She..loves Ikuto?!".

- What's going to happen when Ikuto and Crystal find out that Amu overheard the conversation?! What's going to happen Amu tells Ikuto she loves him?! How will Crystal react?! COULD THIS BE A LOVE TRIANGLE DEVELOPING?! -