Lost

Limerence ~42

•Charlotte Carpenter•

Waking up to the sound of my alarm. I groan slightly before stretching my arms out of the covers and reach for my phone. I open my eyes slightly to shut my phone off. I yawn slightly as I read seven thirty in the morning.

"Hayes?" I ask slightly and sit up. I let my eyes adjust to the chilly feeling and sight in the morning. Once my vision is cleared, I look around the living room and notice how empty it is. I look around towards the end of the couch I am on to find it, empty. Did Hayes get up already? I pull the covers back and start to make my way to the kitchen. "Hayes?" I call out.

I walk in sheepishly to find Kayla at the table with a bowl of cereal. She looks up from her phone with a friendly smile.

"Morning Char."

"Morning."

"Hayes wanted me to tell you he left last night."

"Oh," I say not knowing that. I guess I'll see him a little later then. Maybe I'll see him for lunch maybe. He did say we had a date today. "I guess I'll probably see him later."

~ Seven Hours later~

I'm making my way to my house from practice since I thought it would be a good idea to pack my stuff before my flight Monday with Hayes, his team and a few others. I texted Aaron before I left the gym that I was stopping by the house. I feel nervous to be going back there. It has been awhile since I had been to the house.

What saddens me the most is that my mom doesn't care. Neither does Aaron it seems like. Niether of them has asked me if I was okay or to check if I was okay. Feeling abandoned by my family is something I wish I didn't have to experience, but I feel like it's true. I feel left out and unwanted by them when I wish I could be around them again. I want to be able to have a nice conversation with them without having to cry myself to sleep like I have recently.

I'm very thankful to have a mom that has been able to afford for me to do gymnastics training the way I am. I'm thankful for the car she gave me and the clothes and food she has given me. I wish I could give something back to her. I wish there was a way to show that I really appreciate everything, but she only shows attention towards Aaron.

Aaron has friends, a family who supports him and loving fans. He has everything. He has the attention and the love that I wish I have most days. No one has been there for me like that except for Hayes.

Hayes has always been my biggest fan. I trust him more than anyone. He also has many friends, a family that supports him, and loving fans. He's going to live out his dreams becuase they are finally coming true. I hope one day my family will support me the way Hayes family does to him.

I turn down the street of my house and turn into the driveway to find two cars. That means mom and Aaron is home. I turn the engine off and take a deep breath. I get out of my car and lock it as I make my way up the pathway to the front door. I find the key and make my way in being welcomed with a familiar scent. I slowly walk into the kitchen to find my mom baking.

"Hey mom," I say in hope she's not mad. She doesn't look up from her computer. It's silent for a moment as I stand here waiting for a response.

"What are you doing here?" She asks with no expression. I bite my lip hoping for a welcome home.

"I live here?"

"Aaron told me about your living situation. Thought you would like to be at Hayes'?"

"Mom..."

"Just pack your stuff Charlotte. I don't have time to deal with you right now. When you get back, don't think about messing up this house."