Helpful

•Hope everyone is having a wonderful week (:

Limerence ~32

•Jacob Whitesides•

"Char h-"

"It doesn't matter," she says after she orders her meal. She looks down and hugs herself slightly. We stand waiting for our meals.

"Char, How could you possibly say that? He obviously means a lot to you."

"And I mean nothing to him." Her voice quivers and she tries to control herself.

"Maybe you could tell him." Aaron is a great friend of mine, but it's starting to get out of hand. She is in love and Aaron isn't helping.

"So he can laugh and make fun of me? He will think it's stupid and tell me how I'm probably not worth his time."

"You're worth anyone's time," I say gently. She starts sniffling and my heart quickens. I take her arm to pull her away; leading her to the side so the workers couldn't see her. I wrap my arms around her, giving a hug. She hugs back after a moment and cries into my sweater silently. She pulls away and wipes her eyes. They're as red and puffy as you could possibly imagine.

"I-I'm going to clean myself up in the bathroom," she says sniffling.

"Yeah, take your time. I'll wait here for the food." I don't question her. She nods and turns away to the direction of the bathroom. I head back to the waiting area is for our food. Without thinking, I am calling Hayes. He answers after a few rings.

"What?" He answers tiredly.

"Um... I need to talk to you."

"Okay? You called. What do you need?"

"I heard you didn't go to practice today."

"Yeah. Your point is?"

"Why didn't you go?"

"I wasn't feeling well. Why do you ask?"

"Well... it's about Charlotte." I wait for a response, but it remains silent for a moment.

"Is she... alright? What's wrong?" I hear a hint of worry in his voice.

"She... well she's upset right now."

"Did you say something to hurt her feelings again?"

"What? No, it's about you. She's upset over you."

"If you're trying to get us together again just so you can tell Aaron I'm with her, I'm not playing your game."

"Forget about Aaron and all of that. Char needs you and I wouldn't be going against my best friend if it weren't serious."

"You heard what Aaron said. He'll use everything against me and jeopardize everything. My dream school, lacrosse and touring."

"Is she important to you?"

"Of course she is."

"Just... think about it Hayes. She's really upset and I can't help, but to feel guilty about all of this. She really liked when she hung out with you last weekend. You've really put a turn on her."

"I don't mean to be. I wanted to change everything. She means alot to me and I don't like seeing her upset like I have recently, but Aaron."

"Then really think about it then."

"Alright, I'll figure it out. Can you please talk to Aaron for me? I don't know what to say to him."

"I'll try. Tell Grayson to talk to her please. She blames everything on herself."