Telling Stories

Limerence ~16

•Jacob Whitesides•

I watched as Cam and Charlotte have a conversation about gymnastics. In the last several hours, I've learned she is a very talented gymnast who has a passion for the sport and it seems to calm her. It's like her safely away from everything.

Once we had left her gym after her shower, I noticed how much she is dedicated and is so focused. You see a different side of her. During practice, you see a hard working and fierce gymnast. When we were at school, that isn't the girl who is sitting in front of me now. It's like she's two different people.

What bothers me is how the guys are towards her. She's Aaron's twin. A twin I never knew about and I've known him for a little over three years now. It's mind blowing that she is his twin. How can Aaron not mention that to any of us? Specially Cam, Nash or Hayes and Aaron. This is crazy. It's actually trying to sink in, still.

"And Jacob is one of your favorite singers, how do you feel that he's sitting right in front of you?" Cameron was saying; catching my attention. I look in front of me to see Charlotte looking down nervously and her cheeks slightly a rosy pink color.

"I-I guess I'm still processing he's here," she says quietly. "It's really cool and he can be an ass when he wants to," she looks up at me and Cameron chuckles. I stare at her surprised with her choice of words. Is she planning on saying something about earlier?

I feel awful and guilty about it now than earlier when she first introduced herself. That was terrible of me to act the way I did when I never present myself like that. I give her a small apologetic smile, but she doesn't quite return it.

"An ass huh? What did he do? Never heard of Jacob being one before. Please tell me what happened," Cameron smiles. I look at her guiltily.

"It... was just a misshapen. Um... He's actually my partner for health."

"Cool...cool. Hayes being good to you?" I look at her and I notice she bites the side of her lip.

"Yeah... He's been alright. Same old Hayes," she laughs nervously. Does Cam not know what actually happens?

"You guys have stopped your mini argument?"

"Um, yeah..." She's a terrible liar. I hear Cam sigh.

"You need to stop lying Charlotte."

"What do you want me to say?"

"The truth. Char yo-"

"Can we not talk about this now?" She cuts him off and I hear a chair move. I look to Charlotte standing. Her expression is bothered and pained. "I really don't want you to mention his name." She walks towards the exit and I turn to Cam who is shocked about this. He couldn't get the words out of his mouth.

"What happened?" He turns to me. "Do you know anything about this and why did she refer to you as an ass? I'm guessing she meant that too."

"I... Well... Um.." I fumble for words. "I don't think Hayes and Charlotte are exactly friends."

"Did something happen?" He asks confused. Grayson, Ethan and Hayes are my friends. I don't exactly want to completely kick them to the curb, but also this isn't right. I think I should lie for now. If Charlotte doesn't want to talk about it, I shouldn't bring it up.

"Not that I know of. I've notice they don't talk to each other or sit near each other." He nods his head and sighs.

"They were so invisible. Nash and I were talking last night and he thinks something has been going on between the two for years now. It's really hard to believe, but Char won't say much to me." I nod staying quiet. "I just hope she can be happy I guess."