Trapped.

She pushed us through the doorway. Melody put her hand in her back pocket. It was bright red. I moved closer to Melody. I wasn't going to let anything else happen to her.

"Darlings! Come down here." Mom shouted in a sing song voice into the house. Darlings? Them, but not us. Nothing has changed. They all came thumping down the stairs.

"Ugh what are they doing here?" Jillian said scrunching up her nose.

"Yeah. I don't want them here for my birthday." Ashley complained.

"Yeah. Ashley shouldn't have to spend her birthday with complete weirdos and ugly people like them tomorrow." Nicky said, picking her nails.

"At least we don't have fifteen pounds makeup on." Melody whispered to me. We both smiled.

"What you think this is funny? Do you idiot!" Nicky said. "I would re-brake that nose if it wasn't for my nails. I can't bare to touch anyone as disgusting as you."

"You kids can finish up later." Mom said. Melody looked at her, her jaw dropped. Yeah. The three of them make us feel like trash, and mom does nothing about it. What's new?

"Alice we turned your room into a office since you aren't coming back. There's an old air mattress up there you can use." Mom said. "Kyle your room is now the storage place. Just move things around. The girls broke your bed right after you left, so only the mattress is left. There's an air mattress you can use too. A twin sized one. Like your bed. Just move the bikes around and you'll be fine." Mom said.

"Yeah thanks we're feeling so much like home." Alice mumbled.

"Oh and the extra can sleep in the car." Mom said looking at Melody. Melody glared at her.

"No thanks, I'll use the air mattress in Kyle's room." Melody snarled.

"Don't think you'll fit in there." Nicky said. "You're bigger than a gorilla."

I didn't bother waiting any longer. I took Melody's hand and lead her up the stairs. I walked into my old room. The door not even fully opening. I threw the bikes into the hallway. Melody was on the mattress. It sounded like she was crying. I decided to leave her along a few minutes. I blew up the air mattress and put sheets on it. I sat down next to Melody.

"Kyle. They'reee so mean!" Melody said. "I don't know how you could stand them. A few minutes and I'm already crying." I squeezed her hand, letting her just cry it out.

"Maybe Kelley is right. Maybe I am worthless." Melody said. I shook my head quickly. Again, I wanted to tell her everything. Tell her that their words are fake. That's she's amazing and the best friend I've ever had. But i couldn't. I can't talk. Ether way, even if I could, I couldn't have, because she fell asleep. I took a blanket from the small, wooden closet and laid it on her.

I sat on the edge of the bed, wondering if I could really survive the rest of the day back in this house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Ok. Hear this. It's January 4th right now. In the book. The book is going to end around the 17-20th of January. This book is almost over. Almost over. I honestly can not believe it. This would have been my first book if I finish it. I'm so happy with this book. I love this book and I feel a deep connection to Kyle and Melody.

I want to get my readers involved as much as I can, so I have two requests to ask of you.

1. A title for the second book (I've made up my mind, there will be a second book)

2. and two, character names. If it's one thing I suck at is character names. If you want to help me on this one, please do this, give me the name, add what the character would act like using that name, and where you got this name from (sibling's name, friend's name, person at Target's name) I want each characters name to mean something.

Thank you everyone who reads this all. Thank you so, so, so, so much.

Word Count: 707