Vists

Melody came in around 8:09. I put the letter I was working on to the side.

"Hia!" Melody said.

"So I brought coloring books, crayons, paper, pens, and toast. With extra butter." Melody said. She handed me the toast. Sweet sweet toast. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful toast. With butter. With extra butter.

The toast was gone in a matter of seconds. Sweet, wonderful, amazing butter. How I've missed you.

"I also brought the papers from Ibaleterm." Melody said.

"We have already finished designing our castle in the trees." Melody said, looking through the papers. "We were making a sable for the unicorns and Pegasus to share." Melody added. We took that design out and added more to it.

We spend hours drawing Ibaleterm and coloring the pages in the coloring books Melody brought. Melody had brought her Percy Jackson book (The Lightning Thief) and she read a few chapters out loud. We didn't notice the time passing by at all.

"Hey Kyle-"

Melody and I looked up. Alice and Max had walked in the room.

"Hey Melody, when did you get here?" Alice asked.

"A little after eight." Melody responded.

"And you've been here since?" Alice asked.

"Yup." Melody said. "It hasn't been too long."

"It's 1:27." Alice said. "You might want to get home, before your parents get worried."

"My parents don't know I'm here." Melody said softly.

"What?!" Alice said her eyes widened.
"Where in the world do they think you are?"

"Ummm, home?" Melody said. "I shouldn't have said that." Melody whispered, so only I could hear.

"What are you doing here?" Alice said, not looking too happy.

"Visiting Kyle?" Melody said.

"Go call your parents Melody. The hospital is an hour away from your house. How did you even get here?" Alice asked.

"Mina drove me." Melody said as she took out her phone. Melody went in the hallway to talk to her parents.

"The nurse called and told me that your 3rd cousin went to visit you. I didn't tell her that you don't have any cousins, but I never thought you two would lie like that!" Alice said sternly. I didn't say anything.

"Did you know that Melody didn't have permission to be here?" Alice asked. I didn't do anything.

"Kyle! Ughhh I can't believe you two!" Alice said. Melody walked back into the room. Her phone in her hands.

"My dad wants to talk to you." Melody said. She handed Alice the phone. She turned to me and smiled quickly, not letting Max or Alice see.

"What?....No I didn't know....Where's Mina?....She's not with you....Do you know where she is at all?....Melody can stay with us I guess....When are you getting back?....Two weeks....No no it's not too long. If you already landed, don't bother coming back....Yes Kyle will be out of the hospital today or tomorrow....Yes, don't worry....She'll be fine....Call me if you find Mina....yes, we'll go and look at your house too....Alright....Goodbye." Alice said on the phone.

I looked at Alice. Alice looked at Melody and me and took a deep breath.

"Melody your family has landed in Canada. You were supposed to get on the flight with Mina, that left an hour ago. They don't know where Mina is. I'm not going to yell at ether of you, because Melody's parents are going to do that for me in two weeks." Alice said. She started tapping her foot quickly and looked at me, then at Melody. Then at me, and then at Melody. Back and forth like that.

"Melody I guess your staying home with us for two weeks." Alice said. Melody looked like she wasn't trying to smile. I bit my tongue not to laugh.

A doctor came in the room.

"Well hello. I didn't think you would have this many visitors Kyle." The doctor said looking at me.

"So when can Kyle come home?" Alice asked. Max hadn't said anything, and I was surprised.

"Well, a broken nose is a common injury. Kyle didn't break his nose too badly. The fracture is straight and minor, it doesn't have to be reset. What Kyle has what you call a hairline fracture. It usually takes two to three weeks. For Kyle, it should take around two weeks. Maybe even less for him. The swelling should go down within a week. Any bruises he has should go away after two weeks." The doctor said. "He won't need any large bandages after a few days. If he wants he can go home today." I shook my head yes quickly.

"Alright. Thank you." Alice said.

"I'll need you to sign these papers for me Miss Forest." The doctor said.

"Kyle I brought you clothes in the bag over there." Alice said. I hope out of the bed and grabbed the bag quickly. I changed quickly in the bathroom and threw that dress on the floor. It can stay there. Melody and I quickly packed up all my stuff. Max had left with Alice. We put everything in the bag Melody had brought it in. I took the letter I had been writing and put it in my back pocket. We met up with Alice and Max.

"Let's go home." Alice said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Did you like it? Did you like it? How was it? How was it? *starts dancing around because the hospital part is over* I honestly hated writing all that. I've been in the hospital before and I hated it.

How do you think Melody's parents are going to react?

Good or bad?

Thanks for reading all this! Please comment and vote, if you think this chapter deserves it. Please and thank you. Also, comment a random emoji if you read this far, I want to see if anyone actually reads this far. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word Count: 980