Interview #22- Looking Over Jordan

Author- EssieDeWayne

Date- 2/11/12

1) What is the name/genre of your story?

Looking Over Jordan

2) What is your story about?

Tammy managed to stand, her stomach racked with birth pains. A cold breeze blew up as she made her way down the deserted main road of Clayville. The stars watched as Tammy climbed into a rusted and burned out Ford truck outside of town, crying out in pain. A lone fox peered on as the girl birthed a tiny, month early baby girl. The crickets grew silent as Tammy stumbled over the train tracks that divided Clayville, and breathing heavily with blood seeping down her legs, laid her precious bundle at the doorstep of Jesse's Mother's house. The trees waved silently in the wind as the girl laid down at the edge the woods, and wrapped herself in her thin sweater. A nearby rabbit twitched his nose as Ma McCauley opened her door at the sound of a baby's cry. But nobody and nothing noticed as Tammy breathed her last breath, a ragged breath, riddled with regret and worry.

Shunned by her mother's white family, Tara McCauley lives with her black Grandmother, 'Ma,' on the other side of Clayville, across the train tracks that divide the white people from the black people--in more than one way.

Ma has done all she can to keep her light skinned grand-daughter out of trouble, but it is 1955 and change is coming. Tara wants to know where she belongs, and which side she should be on.

3) Do you have anymore stories written on Wattpad?

Yes--A Bit Of Seawater. I recently published this novella.

4) Is there anyone that inspired you to write?

My Grandmother, who always told me to keep writing, Jane Austen, Harper Lee, author of To Kill A Mockinbird, and Kathryn Stockett, the author of The Help.

5) How did you come across Wattpad?

I found wattpad through a friend.

6) Is there any genre you prefer reading and/or writing?

I love historical fiction, dystopian, Christian, and poetry.

7) Is there any Wattpad clubs you enjoy being in?

I enjoy Share Your Story the most, mostly because I have found so many good stories through that club!

8) Is there any addition info readers should know?

I don't think so.:)

http://www.wattpad.com/2896030-looking-over-jordan-~-author%27s-note~