ELEVEN | BABY JUDY.

little piggy. chapter eleven.
SUMMARY ; sadie watches negan bond with judith.

you're ripped at every edge
but you're a masterpiece

❝ you're ripped at every edgebut you're a masterpiece ❝

——

AS SOON as sadie was close to her brother, he immediately tilted his head upwards to meet her stare, opening his mouth to speak.

"what's going on?" carl asked his older sister, watching her sit down beside him and judith on the porch — which belonged to aaron. sadie planted her feet on the step below them, taking a deep breath.

"negan isn't treating me as bad as he is daryl, if that's what you're worried about," sadie began, her eyes wandering all over the empty seeming alexandria — mostly everyone had gone into their houses as soon as the saviors arrived — before her brown eyes landed upon the scene across the road from her, negan talking with her father by the graves.

"maybe," carl began, cutting himself off with a sigh, almost sounding as if he was hesitant to say it.

"maybe i'm— us, aren't worried about you being tortured or treated badly.. maybe we're worried that you're being treated too good.." carl shrugged a shoulder, keeping his gaze down on his baby sister in his lap, who was too busy sucking at her thumb and staring at her father across the road. sadie didn't respond.

"hey baby," sadie mumbled, a smile spreading onto her lips as she watched judith make grabby hands towards her, sadie took her from carl's lap and transferred her onto her own.

"you actually might think i'm one of his wives?" sadie questioned her younger brother, raising her eyebrows as she turned her body towards an angle to look at him. carl laughed, shaking his head. "no, of course not," the boy responded.

"i'm sorry," sadie said, eyes casting downwards to stare at the pavement. carl frowned, judith changed her attention from her hands to sadie, looking up at her with bright blue eyes. "about what?" carl asked, clasping his hands together as he rested his elbows on his knees. sadie bit the inside of her cheek.

"about everything. about abraham, glenn. for me having to go with him," sadie said, glancing downwards when judith started to pull at her— negan's— jacket.

"that wasn't your fault, sade's. you didn't have a choice," carli replied, trying to reassure his sister. sadie sighed, holding judith closer to her chest when she heard her start to cry, extending her arms and body out as far as she could with sadie still holding onto her. sadie frowned when judith started to make grabby hands across the road towards rick, the signal for wanting him to comfort her. sadie soothed down her hair, trying to calm her as she looked back to her younger brother.