FOUR | EASY STREET.

little piggy. chapter four.
SUMMARY ; sadie has her first day at the sanctuary.

you're all on your own
and you lost all your friends

❝ you're all on your ownand you lost all your friends ❝

——

"WELCOME HOME," negan smirked, opening a bedroom door, entering first and spreading his arms out wide. sadie rolled her eyes, looking around the room. there was a king sized bed in the center of the room, pushed back against the wall. the walls were white, the carpet was a dark cream color, there was a separate door straight ahead, which she guessed was a bathroom. there were two nightstands on either sides of the bed with lamps sat on top of both of them. besides that, the room was pretty plain. although, the girl was absolutely exhausted and the bed did happen to look very comfortable.

"this is not, and will never be home." sadie corrected, heading towards the bed. she laid down on her back, placing her hands behind her head and closing her eyes. negan ignored her comment with a roll of his eyes. sadie felt his presence remain, causing her to open one eye. she saw him standing there, fiddling with the wire on his bat. sadie couldn't fall asleep with him just standing there. she opened both of her eyes, staring at him for a moment before speaking.

"i'm trying to sleep. please go away." sadie spoke. the man shot her a glare, seconds before rolling his eyes, again. negan sat the bat down on the chair in the corner, ignoring the clanking sound it made when wood made contact with wood.

"brat," negan mumbled, walking towards the door.

"asshole." sadie muttered a reply. after the door slammed shut, the girl scooted upwards on the bed, pulled the comforter over her and turned one of the lamps off. the one thing she noticed before closing her eyes, was that he left his bat here. that meant either a; he wasn't gonna be gone for long, and/or b; maybe he was testing her, seeing if she would take that as her defense and try to leave.

though, she was a grimes. she wasn't that stupid.

|

SADIE JUMPED UP to the sound of a door slamming, her heart racing at the sudden noise. someone chuckled, sadie sat there, staring at him, pupils blown wide with adrenaline and shock. one hand on her heart and the other clutching the three blankets— it was middle of november, and there wasn't any heat.

"you almost gave me a damn heart attack." sadie huffed out, running her fingers through her long hair. negan smirked, sitting down at the edge of the bed. sadie sighed, folding her hands in her lap and crossing her legs under the comforter. she avoided his attention on her, looking everywhere but his eyes. she didn't want him there, she didn't feel okay with being in a room alone with him. he cleared his throat, getting her attention.