TWO | fair game.

little piggy. chapter two.
SUMMARY ; sadie has the chance to save her family.

he chased me and he wouldn't stop
tag, you're it

❝ he chased me and he wouldn't stoptag, you're it ❝

——

SADIE'S HEART was thumping against her chest, as she listened to the man speak those words.

"let's see if you can run just as well as it," negan spoke, grinning ear to ear. the girl furrowed her brows, confusion taken over her facial expression. rick forced himself to stay on his knees, stopping himself from stepping into the situation. carl nervously watched, his heart beating rapidly. negan, seeing sadie's confusion, he chuckled.

"i'll give you, mm... twenty five seconds, for you to scurry off into those woods, and run as fast as your little legs can carry you. if i catch you, you're mine, if i don't, you get to go back home!" negan smiled wide, opening his arms out. sadie shifted her weight from one foot to the other, she couldn't do this, what about her father? brother? and the rest of the group? she couldn't leave them there to die.

rick, noticing his daughter being conflicted, he nudged her leg. sadie glanced down at him, he nodded, silently telling her to do it. if anyone in this lineup got a way out, they would be stupid not to take it. negan stared at her, seeing she was still here, and not running for her life. he sighed heavily.

"one, mississippi, two, mississippi, three mis-" she still wasn't moving. he sighed, again. waving his bat in the air, she stayed looking at him, trembling, not knowing what to do. it looked as if she would just have to do it, and if she succeeded, she could run back to alexandria, get guns, more people, and try to save her family.

"run, little piggy, run!" his eyes flickered towards the pitch black woods, gesturing at them as he grinned wickedly. sadie, looked at him, than at the group. before she hurriedly turned around and took off towards the woods. the man laughed loudly, continuing to count off from three, kicking his boots in the ground.

sadie ran, trying her best not to trip on rocks and branches. it was dark, she could hardly see. tears streamed down her face, thinking about glenn and abraham, they were good people, they didn't deserve that, they didn't deserve to go out like that.

"twenty five mississippi! ready or not kitten, here i come!" negan shouted. rick swallowed, carl fought back his tears. negan began to whistle, one hand in his pocket, and the other gripping the handle of his bat, which was sat on his shoulder.

he walked past the line of people, going towards the woods. "dwight, simon, come give me a hand." negan ordered, the two saviors stepped forward, following their boss into the woods.

"she's a little thing, couldn't have gotten far," negan said, loud enough for the group to hear. rick hoped that wasn't true. this was the worst part, all they could do was wait, for who knows how long, until negan comes back, with or without his daughter, which, rick prayed was the latter. though something deep down inside of rick knew that negan wasn't going to return until he found her. those woods were huge, running or not, it would take more than twenty five seconds to get out of them.

negan continued to whistle, as he, simon and dwight entered the woods. the sanctuary leader looked left and right, then told the other two men to go the opposite directions as him. negan went straight ahead, the direction he knew the girl went in. he had stopped whistling, listening closely to any sounds of leaves crunching. that's when a branch snapped. negan grinned, walking towards the direction it came from. another one snapped, and then another, and thats when he knew that she was still running.

sadie ducked behind a tree, attempting to catch her breath, but kept her hands over her mouth, praying that he wouldn't hear her. she could hear his footsteps getting closer, the sound of his bat dragging amongst the leaves on the ground. he was too close, he would see her if she started running again, she couldn't take that chance.

the noises stopped, the sound of his boots crushing the leaves and sticks disappearing. sadie's whole body stiffened, she held her breath and pressed her body up against the tree more.

"gotcha." negan pinned her to the tree. sadie had almost immediately screamed at the top of her lungs. one of his hands covered her mouth, while the other held her shoulder against the wood. she struggled against his hold, she bit his hand as hard as she could, he grunted, but didn't take it away.

"bad girl," he shook his head, a fake frown on his face. sadie cried, giving up, and threw her head back against the wood. negan shushed her, moving his hand away from her shoulder, and onto her cheek. sadie grimaced, though she still couldn't move, he was too close to her, trapping her in between the tree and him. her breathing had quickened, and her heart started to beat rapidly, tears welled up in her eyes, her bottom lip trembling.

"now, i'm gonna move my hand away, but only if you promise not to scream. can you do that for me?" he asked, his voice gentle, a different tone from what she's heard. sadie clenched her jaw, before nodding her head. negan smiled, before removing his hand cautiously. she didn't scream, it wouldn't get her anywhere, she knew that much. there was no one around besides his minions, and they sure wouldn't be any help to her.

"please let me go, p-please let me go, please," sadie puffed out, sounding out of breathe. the girl hated begging, but she didn't know what else she could do, they were out of options. two members were gone already, sadie didn't want to make it three.

negan hushed her again, stroking his thumb across her cheek bone. sadie continued to struggle against him, wanting to get somehow slip free of his grip. he tsked, tilting his head to the side, sadie inhaled sharply, trying her hardest to not have a panic attack.

the one hand that was covering her mouth before, went to her shoulder, and held her body tightly against the tree, gripping it so hard she thought he was grabbing the bone, harshly pressing the skin against the wood, definitely leaving bruises and marks. the other hand —the one with the glove— was cupping her cheek, lightly stroking her cheekbone with his thumb, trying to hush her and calm her down, as if he didn't want to hurt her — more than he already had. sadie attempted to turn her head away from his fingers, but he only gripped her jaw and brought it back to face him.

"rules are rules, kitten. i gave you a fair game, you just didn't know how to play it," he whispered, locking eyes with hers. sadie huffed, her fingers digging into his jacket to attempt to push him away from her. she didn't have strength anymore, she was weak, and exhausted. she had started to hyperventilate, suddenly the feeling of being trapped overcame her and her forehead got clammy, as well as her hands.

"damnit, get down, jesus christ, you're fine. if i was gonna hurt you i would've done it by now," negan told her, his gentle voice disappearing. he took a few steps back, the teen walked away from the tree. he grinned at her, and sadie ignored him, she's seen that grin enough times tonight.

"besides, you're no good use to me dead."