SIX | BACK TO BED.

little piggy. chapter six.
SUMMARY ; sadie feels sick.

yeah my heart is numb
but with you i feel again

❝ yeah my heart is numbbut with you i feel again ❝

——

SADIE LISTENED to his words. she did not want to feel bad, or sorry for him, but there was no denying that she did. she had empathy for the leader in that moment.

"i know nobody would care if i died tomorrow, sadie." negan told the girl. his eyes locked straight ahead. sadie's mouth opened and closed several times, was she supposed to tell him that she would care? was she supposed to lie?

"it's because you don't show emotions-"

"emotions make you weak!

"no they make you human! and you don't show them and that's why everyone!- well, i don't wanna say the h word again." sadie sighed, giving up on her rant. negan breathed out a short chuckle, his hand coming up to brush through his hair.

"whenever me or carl would say we hated someone, my parents would always say 'hate is a very strong word, you don't hate them, you just strongly dislike them'" sadie said, attempting to cut the awkward silence. negan didn't respond, he continued staring blankly into the forest in front of them.

while sadie was thinking of what to do next, negan stood up straight, wondering why he had just let his guard down. the man cleared his throat, and spun around to face her, forcing a grin.

"bed time, kitten." negan smirked, grabbing the bat out of her hands and walking off. the girl sighed, before she turned to follow him down the hallway, around the corner and down another hallway, before they eventually reached their shared bedroom. after sticking the key in, negan stoped inside, sadie following behind him.

"negan-"

"drop it, sadie. just go to bed." so she did, and gave up on trying to talk to him like a normal person. sadie got into the bed, threw the covers over top of her, and laid her head down on the pillow.

"thought you said you weren't gonna sleep in the same bed as me." she could hear his smirk through his voice. sadie rolled her eyes, letting out a puff of annoyance when negan tugged the blanket.

"just stay on your side of the bed, and we won't have a problem."

|

SADIE SHOT up into a siting position, chest heaving up and down, her breathing loud and ragged, another nightmare, nothing she wasn't used to. this one particular night, was about the night two members of her family lost their lives to the man sleeping beside her. though instead of them two dying, she did. it was strange. negan was in it, and so were the rest of her family. he had said the same exact things as he did that night. he would raise the bat over his head, and it would crash down into sadie's head, followed by her waking up.