The Best Friend

"Come on Vick!" Hailie sighed as she pulled on my arm. "Oh I dunno Hai" I shrugged back. "Girl, it's been months now, it's time to get yourself back out there!" Hailie told me. I sighed; I mean yeah I guess she was right. I'd been single for about 6 months about now, after my last relationship fell apart, and everyone was saying I needed to get out there and have a little fun, nothing serious. I mean hell; I wasn't ready for that yet. I was still getting over my heart been stomped on.

"We'll just go out to a few clubs after you've done my make-up for the shoot" Hailie winked at me. "It won't be anything crazy" she added, I pondered a moment, chewing on my lip. "Okay" Hailie squealed and jumped up. "Perfect!"

I'd known Hailie about a year or so now, I met her while I was touring the world with Michael Kors, although I had only met her in Detroit. She was a few years younger than me, and starting out on her modelling career. We just seemed to click and we kept in touch. Then, after my whole break up thing, I felt like I needed to get out of Vegas, so my oldest friend, Erica, was moving to Michigan for her job and asked me to come with her, so I did! It was good to know someone else in the state as well as Erica, as she was currently out of the state on business, so it was just me and Hailie and like usual, we were pretty much inseparable.

...............................

"So you'll be coming to my dad's house for the first time ever!" she smiled at me in the mirror as I fluffed up Hailie's hair. "I guess so, yeah" I smiled and nodded back at her. I maybe should mention too, that her dad is the world famous rapper Eminem. I hadn't found this out for long time after first meeting her, and it was only because she told me she was going to see her dad on tour for a week and I questioned her. She explained that her dad didn't like the whole media thing, and attention, especially where his daughters were concerned, which I understood, but it was a relief for her to tell me she said, and she didn't feel like she was keeping huge secrets from me. I felt for her because she couldn't have a normal life and friends like us 'regular' people, but it was good that she felt that she could trust me. And besides, she knew I wasn't going to freak out about it anyway, as I worked with famous people all the time on photo shoots and music videos. Although, it was Eminem, and I wasn't sure what that meant...

"I've told him all about you, he's actually interested in meeting you" she added, bringing me out of my ponder, "oh?" I asked, spinning Hailie around in the make up chair. "He says you're the only girl friend I talk about and he likes to meet whoever I hang out with. He's kinda mad I haven't brought you round sooner" she giggled. "Well I better be on my best behaviour then!" I replied with a laugh. Hailie giggled and winked at me. "Don't worry, he's a teddy bear" she assured me, making me raise an eyebrow. It was going to be interesting meeting this guy, after all, he was one of the most controversial people in the music industry, but honestly, that didn't matter, what mattered to me more was that he knew that I was a good friend to his daughter and she trusted me. Still, that could wait; right now I was taking Hailie to the set of her photo shoot for a modelling contract she was signing. They needed to have head shots of her for her profile and she asked if I could be her artist as I was the only person she trusted.

Three hours later...

"So I will see you on Friday then girl!" Hailie squealed as she hugged me goodbye in the parking lot. "Uh huh" I smiled, squeezing her back. "You have my daddy's address don't you?" Hailie checked, to which I nodded. "Yeah, I have it and I will see you there around 9am" I checked myself. Hailie grinned, "See you soon!" she squeaked as she tottered off to her car, an old skool Mercedes CLK. I grinned to myself. I loved those cars once, now, I was climbing into my beloved GMC Top kick C4500, the same car type used as my favourite Transformer Iron hide. I adored this truck; it was my pride and joy, well, until I could afford my car of all time, a 1967 Chevrolet Impala. Then my life would be complete! Still, I revved up the engine and headed off on the hour drive home where my dinner was waiting for me.

not a very exciting chapter, just setting the scene. hope you enjoyed anyway guys.