Chapter 36: Road to Recovery

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

"I'm leaving the country for a while... I'm going to Europe to maybe get signed by a label, and I can't have that on my conscious. It's been bad enough thus far, and the guilt has only gotten worse."

I stood there thinking, but then realized Jaden would be back any second. "I'm sorry for your guilt, and I believe you are sincere about your apology. But to be honest, I forgave you a long time ago."

He smiled,  relieved of his guilty conscious. Only seconds later did Jaden and the cavalry come back. He stood his ground firmly with Mateo, Moises, and Chresanto behind him.

"Now, you have one last chance. Leave," Jaden crossed his arms.

"Or we'll make you leave." The boys said in unison.

“Come on Dani,” Madison said, coming from behind me with the rest of the girls. “Things may get a little violent.”

“It’s okay, Tyler isn’t going to start any real trouble… He got what he came for.”

“I’m leaving, I’m leaving.” Tyler said throwing his hands up in defense. He walked to his car and got in, mouthing a ‘Thank you’ to me, though no one else noticed.

We all went inside-- Moises, Mateo, and Chresanto high fiving each other and cheering. They said they’re official goodnights and everyone went back upstairs, leaving me and Jaden alone in the kitchen.

I leaned on the counter, with my hands in my head. It didn’t take long for the after affects of the drinks I had earlier to kick in. “UGHHH!!!”

“Are you alright?” Jaden asked me. I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind, and I instantly felt better.

“I’m perfect.” I turned around and kissed him passionately. “It’s all behind us now. I have a feeling he’s not going to be back… You guys scared him off.” I said, as a joke to myself. Of course I know they really didn’t scare Tyler all that much, but why tear down Jaden’s ego?

“We were pretty intimidating.” He laughed. “Did you like how I said ‘If you don’t leave,’ then the guys finished my sentence ‘We’ll make you leave’ all together? I thought that was pretty cool.”

“Did you guys plan that?” I joked.

“Yeah, we took like 30 seconds while Teo was putting on clothes to make a game plan… I accidently walked in on him and Sky in the middle of his uh… Birthday surprise.”

I laughed loudly, burying my head in Jaden’s shirt to try and muffle the cakeling. “Oh god, that’s hilarious.”

“More like disturbing...”

I giggled once more, getting it all out and playing with the hem of Jaden’s collar. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For protecting me… I’m glad I had my big strong boyfriend there for me.”

“Oh you could’ve handled that punk. I heard that threat. ‘I swear I’ll kill you!’” He mimicked me, tightening his grip around me so I was closer to him.

“Well, I needed something to make him keep his distance.”

“You know, it was actually kind of sexy. I uhh… I had to fight the urge to rip your clothes off of you.”

I chuckled remembering I said the same thing to him earlier. He lifted the bottom of my shirt, slipping his hands beneath it and rubbing my lower back. “Well do it now… Don’t fight the urge, embrace it.”

“Good idea.” He lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing me. I smiled into the kiss as he walked up the stairs and into his room-- managing to lock the door without breaking the kiss. He laid me on the bed, finally disconnecting our lips to take off his shirt. I ran my hands down his chest, as I often enjoy doing.