Dinner Date

Lucy's Pov:

The sky was pitch black, the clouds covered the moon and the stars. I waited outside the restaurant where Natsu asked me to come. I was so excited when he asked me out on a date. He might actually like me!

I stood there in my tight black dress with a pair of black heels to match and a glittery silver purse. It was supposed to be the nicest restaurant in Magnolia, he really surprised me. Guess he isn't as dense as we thought.

He asked me to meet him here at 8pm, I hope I'm not assuming like last time. When he asked me to dig him a hole. Uhhh that was embarrassing. It's quite cold though I probably should've brought a jacket. Maybe I could sit inside?

"Excuse me sir?" I asked the man who lead people to their tables. "Is there a booking for Dragneel in here?" He looked at me before gazing at his booking list. He nodded before I proceeded into the restaurant.

"Excuse me miss?" He sneered. "It's a reservation for two and I need his signature, I'm sorry but you're going to have to wait." He continued. Great.

Time skip (1 hour.)

I looked at the watch on my wrist, 9pm. Nevermind, I should really stop thinking ahead. It just breaks my heart more. I took off my heels as my feet ached before heading back home.

Rain began to pour down at tremendous speed. Could this day get any better?! At that second lightning struck. I continued speed walking home, going over what had happened in my head. Before I knew it tears rolled down my cheeks.

Eventually I had arrived at my apartment soaking wet, crying and shivering. I attempted to turn on my heating but it just beeped in denial, great now I'm going to get a cold. I tiredly took my clothes off before weakly crawling under my covers.

Natsu's Pov (6pm)

I can't believe she said yes. Finally I can show her how I feel. I'm fired up! Happy and I are at the guild. He's the only one who knows about my date, if the guild knew they would freak out and make it a really big deal. It is but for us not them. I chuckled while sipping the drink Mira brought me.

"Hey fire breath!" Gray shouted across the guild.

"What's up Ice stripper?!" I replied.

"Me vs you, winner gets an extra cut on our next mission while the loser gets nothing." Gray proposed.

"Deal, I'm fired up now!" I replied.

Gray and I threw each other across the guild. Smashing furniture of all kinds and using magic attacks. We were finally both tired before Erza had returned. "Oh Mavis no." We muttered.

Erza rampaged on us. I can't remember how many times I got hit until everything went black.

Time skip (10pm Natsu's view)

I finally regained consciousness from being beaten by the devil. I groggily sat up, holding my head. "Happy we better go and get ready before we are late?" I asked him.

Happy snored quietly beside me. "Happy?" I shook him awake.

"Natsu?" He asked while sitting up.

"It's time to go I need your help." I replied.

"Where you going pyro?" Gray asked. The whole guild turned towards me. There is no hiding this.

"A date..." they all looked at me stunned.

"With who?" Gray laughed.

"Lucy...?" I muttered. The guild gasped while speaking to one another.

"Nice one bro." Gray said before helping me up.

"Where you taking her?" He persisted.

"I got a booking at that new restaurant in town for 8pm." Everyone's face dropped at what I said. Is there something wrong with that restaurant or something? Worry was spread across Gray's face. "Natsu it's 10pm?" My jaw dropped. I spun towards the clock that hung over the guild doors. "Fuck!" I exclaimed before sprinting out the guild. Only one place in mind.

(Lucy's place.)

Once I arrived at Lucy's apartment I jumped onto the window ledge to find the window closed. I went into my back pocket and pulled out my key and walked inside the door. Her soaking wet clothes covered the floor. Damn it's freezing in here I thought while looking for her. I entered her bedroom before gazing upon her shivering figure.

"Luce?" I muttered under my breathe while looking at her face. Her eyes were puffy and make up stained. I hugged her, she was freezing cold, colder then ice stripper. I slipped in beside her. I fuck everything up I thought. I'm going to lose her, I know it. I sobbed quietly thinking about how stupid I am. I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her while I still could.

Something then shifted beside me. Lucy opened her chocolate brown eyes that met with mine. They looked disappointed, I feel so guilty. I squeezed her tighter without realising. "Please forgive me Luce, I really didn't mean to, I promise I would've come but I couldn't. Please I didn't mean to hurt you, I'll pay again. Buy you a new dress, whatever you want Lucy. I just want you to know I love you but I always screw shit up. Please Luce I didn't mean to." I said really fast. She looked shocked when our eyes locked again.

"Shh Natsu it's okay, I love you too, I'd love to go with you for real this time though." She slightly giggled while holding me and stroking my hair. 

"How did I ever deserve you?" I pondered.

Lucy pulled me up before kissing me with passion and love. I melted in to it before she pulled away. We both lay back down holding one another.

"Goodnight Natsu, I love you."
"Goodnight Luce, I love you too."

Also posted on the one shots me blindedmgc and mystic_seven share. Hope you enjoyed 🔥