"Yes."

My dry eyes prick, making me squeeze my eyelids close even more. I don't think I'm capable of making tears right now and the lump lodges in my throat. Before anything else could be said, the door from the showers open and Harry walks out in regular clothes, carrying a gym bag. He looks at me straight away, and worry sweeps through his eyes and he's striding over to my mentally frail body.

"What happened?" He's close to shouting at Lucas.

"Don't Harry, it wasn't his fault. I wanted to know," I say, ambling to my feet.

His furious, black eyes go back and forth between Lucas and me. "Know what?" My gaze falls, and Harry catches on. "Shit, Shay, I was going to tell," he utters, bending down and taking my hand into his. I don't want to think about this anymore, I want to leave and just spend a day with him before going home.

"It's okay─ I just want to go, please," I beg him. I could still feel Lucas staring.

And Harry lifts me to my feet, picking up his discarded bag, and leads me through the room with a hand at the small of my back, silent.

***

Emily's POV

I yank out the headphones from my ears, cutting of heavy beat of Imagine Dragons. The treadmill begins to slow and then stops completely. The subtle ache in my legs from the hours of workouts demand to be felt but I push the thoughts to the back of my mind, remembering what Lucas tell all of us when we're hurt. Pain only hurts if you let it, it wants to be felt but you're stronger than it. Take control.

I do my breathing exercises, regulating my lungs and stretching a final time. I roll my neck around and around, getting rid of the kinks. But when I open my eyes, I can't believe what I'm witnessing.

Harry with an upset looking Shay in his arms as he leads her to the lift and the doors slide close where I can't see them anymore.

Just this one scene makes my blood boil and my teeth clench. That use to me be.

I whip my towel around the back of my neck and start to the lift, irritably pressing the button.

On the third floor, Harry's desk is like it was when I left for the gym right behind him. He must've taken Shay back to his place to fool around. I haven't bothered showering or changing, knowing I'd be leaving in the next ten minutes.

The boys and Kylie are just sitting around, talking, so there must be nothing going on right now. When I reach them I ask, "Did you know Shay came by?"

They all nod. "Yeah, she was looking for Harry. Did she find him?" Ty responded.

I bit on the inside of my cheek. "She found him alright," I say bitterly. "Do you see anything different about her?"

"What'd you mean?" Kylie says.

"Like she's different or something."

"She's definitely not Harry's usual," Steven laughs and the other follow.

He's not lying. Harry was the kind of guy that didn't like to be tied down too long, if any period of time at all. I learned that when he broke it off with me. He liked to shag one girl and never speak to them again unless they were that good and he wanted more. We dated for two weeks and that's when I saw just how Harry really was. Aggressiveness, anger problems and all. But he was great in bed. Rough, forceful, a true dominate.

But I can't see Shay being the kind of girl Harry could be like that with. He has certain needs, and I don't think Shay can provide that for him. Honestly, I don't like they've done anything together. They won't last, even if Harry is possessive over her. I've seen that first hand.

I can't ignore the green monster that hovers over my shoulder when I think about Shay and Harry together. Yes, I'm jealous, but I shouldn't be. I have nothing to be jealous of. What does Shay have that I don't? Her innocents? I was happy to give that up. Other than that, I can't come up with anything else. So what makes her so special?

Well, it won't be long before I find out.

+++++

Hello!

I have a new book out called Salvation and it's a dark Harry story, but in school and he smokes and stuff, it's just starting but it's really good and I'd love if you checked it out!

TOXIC TRAILER TO THE SIDE>>>>> It's amazing, thanks NiallerLover8

ash-rawr.tumblr.com

Instagram: 1D_haz_boo

-A xxx