Chapter 2: Research

"Okay, okay!" I cried to Ruby as we approached the apartment complex. "I may have a slight crush on a guy I just met!"

"Aww, Carrie!" said Ruby as she lightly pinched my pink cheek. "That is just too cute!"

"Shut up!" I said with a giggle, lightly slapping her hand away.

Ruby had finally managed to get me to admit I was crushing. It was, actually, a little difficult to grasp. I had only been in Santa Barbara for a few days and already I had my eyes set on someone.

Do you ever get the feeling you could float away, fly freely into the air? Do you ever feel your heart quicken its pace when you picture his face or mention his name? Do you ever feel like you could never be any happier than what you were in the moment you locked eyes with him for the first time?

That's the "Carietta Diamond Way" of falling in love.

That's how I felt as I stepped into the elevator with Ruby and began to ascend up to our apartment, my mind still thinking of...CaptainSparklez.

I giggled softly at the thought of his name.

Ruby looked at me. "Damn, you must be head over heels in love! You're still giggling about him!"

I smiled. "I can't help it, Ruby! I'm just...on a cloud right now! I just wish I knew his true name!"

"Well, you could check his YouTube channel," Ruby suggested. "He's gotta have info up there. I'd be surprised if he didn't have a Twitter or FaceBook account. There'll probably be links on the YouTube channel."

I looked at Ruby in surprise. "Wow! You seem to know more about him than I do!"

Ruby shrugged. "I used to date a guy that was friends with him on YouTube. He always liked talking about their little gaming shenanigans."

I laughed.

When we reached our floor we stepped out of the elevator and walked down the long white hallway to the apartment door marked 268. Ruby retrieved the keys from her pocket and unlocked the door.

"Remind me sometime this week to go and make you your own key for the apartment," said Ruby as she opened the door and stepped inside.

"Sure," I said with a nod as I made a beeline for my bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Ruby called after me.

"I'm going to do some...research on CaptainSparklez!" I hollered back. I heard Ruby bust out laughing as I shut the door with a soft click.

"Yeah, by research you mean stalking, right?" she called.  I just shook my head and ignored her.  So what if I wanted to do a little "research".  Does that make me crazy?

Maybe a little...or a lot...shut up!

I placed my camera bag on my Creeper bed and shrugged out of my winter jacket, letting it slip to the floor and coil around my feet. I stretched my arms up to the ceiling, hearing the joints in my shoulders and arms pop almost in unison. My eyes scanned around the room and came to a stop on my Diamond edition Steve figure.

His tiny diamond sword was raised up against the side of a Creeper figure's head, as if he was preparing for the kill blow. A large blue helmet was protecting his big square head and his body was painted a bright blue with his armor.

I retrieved my camera from my bag and grabbed the import cord from my drawer. The familiar ding of my Mac sounded as I inserted the jack into the slot in my computer and hooked the other into my camera.

"Might as well import these now so I'll have memory for future trips," I said to myself as the importing began.

As the import began loading up, I opened a window for YouTube and punched in the letters of his name in the search bar.