Chapter Five: The Life Of A Bachelor

POV from Austin

"How does it feel to be double dutying again?" Alex asked me, his mouth quirking as he leaned against the bar. I ran my fingers through my hair. 

"Ah, I dunno. Is it wrong of me to say that I think Alan's attractive?" Yeah. I thought he was cute. The way he always denied help and when he grabbed my leg when he was hiding from Jake and Tino, I felt little sparks of flirtation. Alex snorted. 

"Nah. I think Barakat is hot." Alex supplied. "But I feel like I'm taking advantage of him. He's a little fucked up." 

"How so?" Dan asked, eyeing the young woman who was playing with her hair seductively from across the bar. 

"Awe, shit! You know I can't tell you that." Alex joked, winking. I snickered as Alex was deep in thought. "Ah, his file says General Anxiety Disorder, but I think there's somethin' else there. But Victor Fuentes, man. He's like, twenty times worse. I've got really depressed patients and it's kinda sad to me." 

Dan nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I know what you mean. Matt Barnes hates everyone, and he's my double duty. He won't even talk to his roommates." 

I rolled my eyes. "Josh keeps flipping out about Jaron. I'm really worried about that guy." 

Alex nodded. "He's really unstable." 

"Tell me about it." I murmured. Dan smirked and adjusted his hat. 

"Alright. Well, I'm gonna go with that young lady there." Dan used his nose to point out the young broad. "See you in the morning, ladies." 

"Have fun!" Alex called, waving. Dan returned the gesture before sweeping off to the flustered brunette. Alex then turned to me, grinning. 

"So, how far have you gone with Ashby?" Alex giggled. My eyes widened. 

"Not far at all." I replied, chuckling. "Why? How far have you gone with Jack?" 

Alex grinned devilishly. "All the way." 

"No!" I gasped, smiling. "Really?" 

"Why would I lie to my friend?" Alex pouted innocently. I shook my head. 

"That's so wrong." 

"Why?" Alex demanded. "He's just like any other guy, except he's in a mental ward and I'm in control of his actions." Alex snickered drunkenly. "I like being in control." 

"Oh my God." I mumbled, shaking my head. "Alex!" 

"What? It's fucking sexy!" Alex wriggled his eyebrows. "It sets up for some really kinky sex fantasies." 

I rolled my eyes and Alex grinned sheepishly. 

"Alex, as much as I agree with how sexy that may seem, I don't think Alan would ever do that." 

Alex smirked. "Let's bet on it." 

"Bet on what?" I laughed, shaking my head. 

"Alan and you fucking." Alex smirked. "I say-a month, maybe." 

Snickering I cracked my neck. "Fine, if it makes you happy-a month." 

"Good." Alex shook hands with me and I rolled my eyes. 

"This isn't real, you know." I warned him. Alex stuck out his tongue. 

"It's real to me." 

I sighed and glanced at my watch. "Wow. Gotta head in for the night." 

Alex nodded and soon, we were both leaving, going our separate ways. I hailed a taxi and was driven back to my house. 

Since I was a single man and I worked as a doctor, I got paid extremely well. Not to mention when my father died, he left me a lot of money as well. I lived in a three story house, by myself. It was quite lonely, but I filled the house with music and pets.