The Rest Of Our Lives

Waking up today, my face and stomach felt sore from the beating I received.

It's really been awhile since I've had a beating from Denise since she's been living in a L.A for a couple of years.

While still laying in bed I rolled up my pyjama top to reveal my stomach.

I immediately took notice of the bruise she caused from kicking me there.

I gradually climb out of bed and head to the washroom.

I finally turned and faced the mirror to see a purplish half circle formed under my right eye.

She gave me a black eye!

I actually hope it doesn't wear off so that mom and dad could see what she did to me.

And to think, this all happened because I got caught resting next to Prince.

Had she known whats been really going on between the two of us...

I can't even imagine what she'd do.

I moved my hair behind my ears and see the bruises around my neck caused by Prince's hickeys.

My thoughts quickly trail off to Prince and our moment at First Avenue yesterday.

What does it mean for us?

He's going back to L.A tomorrow.

When he comes back to Minneapolis, will things between us pick up where we left off?

When he goes, when will he come back?

I probably shouldn't read too much into this.

I did that last time and got crushed with reality.

I need to think rationally.

There's no future with us.

Even though I know all the facts, it somehow still doesn't take away from the pleasure of being around him.

When he touches me, it's like all of those worries dissipate.

Our moments together make all of those rational and harsh realities seem trivial.

I just need to stop overthinking and just enjoy the time we have left.

Oh my gosh! I'm going to be late.

I quickly wash my face and head to my room to go put my uniform on.

I wrapped a thin scarf around my neck to hide the kickeys.

                                        ➰

The bus finally arrives and I hop on.

I immediately notice Emma sitting at the front of the bus.

Her usual spot was at the back of the bus.

It was now occupied by Jenny and the rest of the girls.

"Hey Lisa! Come sit with us", they called.

I took one glance at them before deciding to sit with Emma.

As crazy as it may be, I just didn't want to be the thing I once hated.