Don't Tell Your Sister

"You still there?" I hear him ask.

I felt an enormous amount of embarrassment.

"Yeah."

"You really had me fooled", he said as he started laughing.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You were just being curious."

I couldn't believe how lightly he was taking this.

The line was quiet again.

"You know when I was about 11 or 12 I used to sneak into my mom's room when she was at work and go through her dirty magazine collection. Curiosity's a natural thing."

"I hope you don't think I'm some freak."

"No. Why would I think that?"

"I don't do stuff like this. Earlier today Denise told me I should experiment and practice on Jackson but he's too crazy. When you called and thought I was Denise, I saw an opportunity."

"Did you practice with him?"

This conversation was getting so personal.

I felt the need to answer his question since I just violated his privacy.

"Yeah."

The line went silent again for a few moments.

"Did you let him take... How far did you guys go?"

I could tell he was trying to find out if Jackson took my virginity without actually asking me directly if he did or not.

"Not very far."

"Good. Don't listen to your sister. You don't need to be getting practice. You should only share... certain experiences with someone you love."

"Is that what you did when you were my age."

"... Uhhh. Anyways why are you still hanging with Jackson? I thought your date went badly with him the other night."

"It did. He just won't leave me alone."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No it's okay. There's this guy name Ray who asked me out. That should probably get Jackson off my back."

"Who's Ray?"

"Some guy from school. Anyways, how's New York-- besides being so cold?"

He started laughing.

"My fans here are really welcoming and open minded."

"How did you meet my sister?" I asked, changing the subject.

"We met at the American Music Awards. I saw her and thought she was the finest woman. I approached her and asked to try on her leather jacket. She let me. It fit nicely on me. I started to chat her up. Found out she came with Rick James. That only made me want her more."

"Oh. I always thought she lied about being with Rick James."

"Nope. It's a fact. I asked her for her number and she looked at me funny. She told me up until now she thought I was gay."

I started to laugh.

"It could be because you asked to try on her leather jacket."

"Maybe but that leather jacket was totally cute."

I began laughing even harder.