Him

"Listen you little brat! He's very important to me so you better not embarrass me tonight", my sister warns.

I rolled my eyes.

"You don't need my help with that. You're already embarrassing yourself just fine."

"I'm going to kill you!"

I was just about ready to make a run for it until my mother walked in to my room too.

"Enough! Denise, leave your sister alone!"

She crossed her arms and finally walked out of my room.

"Honey, get out of your school uniform and get down stairs. He'll be coming any time now."

"Why do I have to be there?"

"Your sister really loves him. He might one day be your brother in law! I'm not going to ask you again young lady."

She leaves my room closing the door.

I could care less about my bossy mean sister and her boyfriend.

I could be preparing for my next piano lesson. Instead I'm forced to sit tight and listen to boring small talk.

My sister doesn't live with us. She lives with her roommate and best friend in L.A. She's out modelling.

She traveled back home to Minneapolis to babysit me while our parents go on their 20 year anniversary vacation for 2 weeks

                                      ➰

I hear the door bell ring as I'm putting on my dress.

I quickly brush my hair and get down stairs to see my sister hugging him.

I wasn't able to see his face. I was only able to see his black thick curls.

Denise finally gets out of the way revealing his face.

My heart fluttered a bit. I felt my fingers tremble.

He's ... beautiful.

I became captivated by his appearance.

He shakes my dad's hand and gives a rose to my mother and sister.

He had one more rose in his hand.

Before I knew it, he looked right at me as I stood behind my family.

His beautiful hazel eyes gazed at me. I got lost in them.

I blocked out all sound subconsciously as my eyes stayed fixed on him.

Suddenly I feel a nudge on my shoulder.

"Lisa! The boy greeted you. Aren't you going to say something!" My dad asks..

"She's just a naturally quiet girl", my mother explains.