Silly Little Girl

"Relax Denise!" Prince says as he gets up to try and calm down her down.

"Don't tell me to relax! How the hell do you expect me relax when I find you getting all cozy with my little sister? And why the hell does it smell like weed in here?"

"Listen! I came here looking for you. Lisa just asked me to take her to the pharmacy to grab... pads and when we got home she was cramping. I was just comforting her."

"Comforting? When a girl is cramping you give her medicine!"

"We forgot to grab some at the pharmacy so I gave her weed. I smoked some too. That's why I fell asleep."

"You gave her weed?"

"Don't try and act like the protective responsible sister now. It's a little too late for that!"

"Screw you. Who are you to judge me? Your little sister is a run away junky!"

Silence filled the room after that comment.

I couldn't believe Denise said that.

Up until now I really had no knowledge about Prince's background and personal family issues.

"You really didn't need to take it there Denise." Prince finally spoke after the intense moment of silence.

By the sound of his cracking voice I can tell she hit him where it hurt.

This whole thing felt real and not real at the same time.

I felt like I was in a dream. A bad dream.

This must be the weed.

I swallowed hard as I finally built up the courage to grab the pads we bought and get up slowly to leave.

"Where the hell do you think your going fat cat?" Denise yells as she shoves me back down on to the sofa.

Before she could do anything more, Prince pulls her away from me.

"Stop Denise! Leave her alone!"

"Leave her alone? She's not so innocent! She knows what she's doing. She wants you and you know that. Yet, you're still always around her."

I finally got up and quickly ran upstairs.

"Yeah you better run! And if I see your face at all today you're going to get it!" She yells.

Even though I wanted to stay as far away from the situation as possible, I still really wanted to know what was being said.

I sat at the staircase where I couldn't be seen and listened in.

"You can let go of me now", I hear Denise say.

"Where he hell have you been huh?"

"You're questioning me? I just found you all cuddled up with my sister!"

I heard a few muffled sounds.

It sounded like the rattling of keys.

"What are you doing? Get your hands out of my pocket!" I hear Denise shout.

"What the hell is this? Your using on the regular now? What happened to I'll only do this shit at parties?"

He must have been referring to drugs.

He must have found some in her pockets.

"Give it back!"

"This shit is getting out of control. I've seen it happen to Tyka, it's going to happen to you if you don't put an end to this."