Chapter 20 - Malva's Way

CHAPTER 20 - Malva's Way

THIRD PERSON

The group that were Diantha, Steven, Gary, Serena and their respective Pokemon had progressed through Geosenge Town after  Siebold and Sawyer stayed behind to defend against Shelly and Team Aqua.

Serena couldn't help but worry for Sawyer. Everyone knew he was a strong trainer; one who had advanced to the semifinals of the Kalos League and had almost became a finalist. That's why she had confidence in her green-haired friend. But she had far more important matters at hand.

"We're almost there," Diantha stated as they all looked up to see the large crystal had come closer. Its radiance brightened even more than before which Gary began to notice, but didn't say anything about it.

"We can't let our guard down, though," Steven notified, "They could be ambushing us right now." Everyone agreed to his statement and stayed aware to any potential threats.

---

30 minutes had passed since Sawyer and Siebold's departure from the group and the group were basically at the base of the ultimate weapon, where the town's landmark, the Rock Ring was located. Pillars of rock protruded from the ground in a circular formation. In the far left corner, there was a wooden shack which looked like it was several decades old. A gust of wind swept by the group, sending shivers through their spine and raising the hairs on their necks.

Up close, the large crystal that was the ultimate weapon looked even more menacing, but beautiful at the same time. It swirled with neon blue, red, yellow and green colours.

"So this is the weapon which can supposedly destroy the whole world?" Gary questioned with one eyebrow raised.

"I know it looks pretty and all. However, don't judge a book by its cover," Diantha responded with a hint of nobility. They surveyed the area and there was no one in sight. They thought that Team Aqua would have guarded the base of the ultimate weapon but they hadn't.

"Let's take a look around," Diantha suggested to which they all agreed.

"You two kids go that way and meet us back here after you do or don't find something," Steven said, pointing a finger in the opposite direction.

"Got it!" Gary and Serena confirmed simultaneously before they ran off in the other direction, to where the trees and shrubbery were.

"Let's go." The two regional champions jogged away from Gary and Serena, past the ultimate weapon and into the other side of the forest.

As Gary and Serena entered the outskirts of the forest, they tried searching for anything that could potentially be helpful in the search for Ash. There were so many possibilities. Ash could have been abandoned in the forest, or he could be held captive. The latter seemed the most likely, however. The possibilities just made Serena scared for his life, making it more of a reason why they needed to retrieve him.

"There seems to be nothing here," Gary concluded.

"Yeah, there's nothing on my side either," Serena concurred. That was when Serena noticed behind Gary's head as she was talking to him.

"Gary... Look..."

The famous professor's grandson immediately whipped his head around to see something unusual protrude from one of the bushes. From the bushes, it was triangular in shape with a point and was coloured black, with a slight gloss to it. The two warily walked up to the bush and stood before the odd object.

"What is that...?" Serena quietly questioned, confused about what it could be.

"I have no idea..." Gary had no answer. They both stared at it and inspected its features, but the object had nothing to it.