Chapter 8 - Kalos League Finals (Part 5)

CHAPTER 8 - Kalos League Finals (Part 5)

THIRD PERSON

The Proud Pokemon spread its wings in confidence and cried aloud, after appearing from the PokeBall's light. After its opening ritual, Unfezant instantly took flight, spinning and somersaulting in the air. The smile on Ash's smile could be seen from miles away, considering how large the grin was. "Looks like it's time for a battle in the air. Noivern, lead in with Acrobatics then use Dragon Claw once you're up close!"

The Sound Wave Pokemon started to glow with a blue aura before zipping back and forth, in attempt of confusing the normal-flying type. "Don't pay attention to that! It's a distraction! Focus and use Steel Wing!"

Following its trainer's commands, Unfezant calmly closed its eyes while soaring through the stadium. Its opponent kept with the distraction, knowing it still wasn't the right time to attack. After finding Noivern's unusual flight patterns, Unfezant charged both of its wings into a metallic hardness before dashing forward.

Realising this was probably the best time to attack, the dragon-flying type flew straight over its opponent. Once Noivern was directly above Unfezant, it grew green claws and slashed straight down, aiming for the latter's back. Without any signs of hesitation, the Proud Pokemon did a full 360­° spin, but it didn't stop. It kept spinning, making it look like a spin stop, but deadlier. A spinning bird with dangerous metallic wings. The Steel Wing and Dragon Claw clashed, forcing both Pokemon to retreat, in front of their respective trainers.

Ash grimaced, realising that physical attacks like Dragon Claw are useless, right now. "Boomburst, Noivern!"

The sound waves emitted from Noivern's ears shot directly at the airborne Pokemon. With ease, it gracefully dodged the attack before releasing multiple wind-induced saw-discs from its wings. The speed of the attack overwhelmed the dragon-flying type so it couldn't react fast enough to dodge or counter. Even Ash, who had top reflexes as a trainer, didn't manage to quickly call anything. All he did was watch his Pokemon battered by the Air Slash, creating a slight explosion.

After a few seconds of anticipation, the Sound Wave Pokemon fell from the smoke and crashed into the grassy ground. "Noivern!" Ash yelled in concern, hoping Noivern could make a swift recovery. But, before he knew it, Alain's Pokemon appeared right in front of the dazed Pokemon. "Steel Wing!" Ash heard from the other side of the field.

The attack slammed straight into Noivern's chest, sending it to the ground, again. Within a split second, Unfezant appeared again, showing no signs of mercy, whatsoever. The normal-flying type kept with its frenzy of Steel Wing while Noivern endured every single one of them.

"I need to get Noivern out of there, quick. But how..." Ash thought to himself, scanning the battlefield. It was as if a light bulb lit in Ash's head before he called Noivern to time a Supersonic attack, correctly.

Waiting for Unfezant's last, and most powerful Steel Wing to finish the thrash of attacks, Noivern started to charge its sound waves in both ears. Just as both of Unfezant's wings were about to smash down, Noivern released the Supersonic at close range. Alain didn't bother to waste any time and instantly took action because he knew if his Pokemon was to be hit by that Supersonic, it'd end up like the previous duel. "Wait, Unfezant! Use Double Team, now!"

The Proud Pokemon instantly realised why its trainer had called for the defensive after sighting its opponent's glowing ears. As Unfezant abruptly halted its Steel Wing attack, it created many clones of itself, surrounding Noivern, who was still on the ground. Ash smirked as he shouted, "Use Supersonic again, but increase the volume!"

Alain immediately remembered how his Bisharp had been hit by the Supersonic. It was because of the move's ability to become an area of effect move. "I have to attack while it increases the volume; when its most vulnerable. And maybe that will stop it," Alain thought.