Chapter 18 - The Start to Retrieve & The Fight Back!

CHAPTER 18 - The Start to Retrieve & The Fight Back!

THIRD PERSON

"Hello, Ash Ketchum."

The raven-haired trainer, who was held captive, froze in his current position. Every body movement ceased. He stopped blinking, too. He questioned if his ears were working properly. The voice was one that he remembered far too well. The last time he heard the unique, yet low-pitched voice was earlier in the morning, when everything started. Freezing chills vibrated through Ash's spine and the hairs on the back of his neck stood tall. He kept his vision locked between the tubes of flowing colours. He didn't want to move. His body swarmed in fear.

The sound of footsteps started to approach the raven-haired trainer. The clicking between the ground and a pair of boots moved from the right flank of Ash's body then to the centre. The steps were slow and rhythmic, the jingling of jewellery continually bounced, and the whistling breaths were calm. A figure, covered in shadows of the room's dullness, stood in front of the glass cylinders. Ash slowly dropped his vision to the figure, still in the same, frozen position. No features of the person were visible; it was far too dark.

"It's been a while," the person spoke with a tranquil voice. There was no doubting it. The voice belonged to one of Ash's old enemies. The one who tried drown the world, the one who tried to take control of Kyogre and its prowess, the one who led a criminal organisation, and the one who is currently in the process of destroying Kalos and possibly, the world; the leader of Team Aqua, Archie.

The figure took a step backwards, into the radiance of the cyan and maroon glow from the tubes, revealing himself and his features. The man wore a blue bandanna, tied around his head, like a swimming cap; a blue, one-piece swimsuit; white and blue pool shoes and a black and grey, spiked cape, which was connected to his waist. Archie was accessorised with a golden anchor necklace and a golden chain, wrapped around his torso.

There was something in particular that caught Ash's attention, which stood out from his outfit. It glossed and shined into Ash's eyes, reflecting the luminance of the glowing tubes. The item looked fairly similar to something that he had recently seen. In the centre of Archie's anchor necklace, a stone was embedded. It swirled with a variety of colours, ranging from the colours of the rainbow. There was a particular pattern he had also seen previously. It took him a while, but it finally registered. It was a Key Stone, required for the phenomenon that was known as Mega Evolution.

"Where's Pikachu and my other Pokemon?!" Ash suddenly shouted, which caught Archie by surprise.

"Oh, your Pokemon. That Pikachu of yours is enjoying his time in his PokeBall," Archie smirked, causing the raven-haired trainer's jaw to drop. He couldn't believe what he heard. The sensation of rage and angst started to flow and consume his conscious. Blood coursed through to his brain, veins popping from his forehead. Never, has he felt so angry. He thought of Pikachu and how his partner was currently feeling, jammed inside the device. The torture his electric-type partner was presently enduring. The more he thought about it, the more anger would rise.

"How could you... How could you do such a thing?! You know my Pikachu despises being in his PokeBall!" Ash yelled in a wrathful temper.

"Yes, I do. It wouldn't stay still, so I just put it back in the PokeBall. Now it's not causing any trouble," Archie responded with a smirk. "Oh, and also, that Greninja of yours."

Ash snapped his head up to look at the Team Aqua leader, upon hearing Greninja's name. "What are you doing with my Greninja...?"

"I'm glad you asked," Archie chuckled slightly, "Your Greninja has amazing power and potential. It's currently being studied and that power is being extracted."