Chapter 29

“The Rented Husband”

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 29

    Brody couldn’t take his eyes off of her.  She stood in between her sisters and in his eyes, she shown like a beacon, a bright light that lit up his day.  There was just something about her that he was inexplicably drawn to, something that he couldn’t explain but something he couldn’t or wouldn't deny either. 

    “Ironic, isn’t it?”

    Brody turned his head to the side.  Seth was there, hands in his pockets, his gaze focused on the set of sisters.  “What do you mean?” He asked impassively.

    “Women… marriage, the whole shebang.  Isn’t it funny how sometimes they can get on your nerves so bad that you want to just strangle the life out of them but then you realize how much you need them in your life.  How alive they make you feel and without them, you would be nothing.”  Brody caught Seth’s sideways grin and smiled himself. 

    “Yeah, I suppose you’re right,” he agreed.  There were times that Olivia made him so mad that he could spit nails.  But it was also those times when that fiery spark illuminated her eyes and she appealed to him the most.  And that same spark that ignited her brazen temper; was the same one that tended to set his own system a blaze. 

    Seth turned to look at Brody and inclined his head towards Olivia.  “You got real lucky with that one, you know.” 

    Brody glancing back over to where she was standing and at the same time she laughed out loud at something that one of her sisters had said.  Her cheeks flushed a pretty pink, making, in his eyes, her the most beautiful girl in the room.  “Yeah,” he said distractedly. 

    Standing there, in that ball room, he started to think about what it would really be like to be married to Olivia Murray for real.  Not like this show that they were putting on for their parents, but to have her truly as Mrs. Brody O"Conner. .

    To wake up to her every morning and  lay down with her by his side every night.  With their combatant  personalities, he could just imagine the fights they would have, and yeah, he was sure there would be a lot of them.  But that fighting would lead to some explosive, bed shaking make up sex.

    “I know that look,” Seth commented seeing Brody's lust filled face as he chuckled. “I still look at my Ashley like that sometimes.”

    “What look?” Brody asked innocently.

    “That one right there,” he pointed at his face.  “The one that says that you can think of a lot better things that you would like to be doing right now with your wife..” 

    Brody shrugged.  Hell, he couldn’t deny it.  He would love nothing more than to get Olivia alone, strip her naked and take his time exploring every arc and every  curve of that delectable little body of hers. 

    Unfortunately, with the attitude and the cold shoulder he received this morning, the odds of that happening was pretty much zero.  About the only thing he would be exploring was the sharp end of her tongue. 

    He felt himself  harden painfully at the mere thought of getting Olivia alone and naked.  “Ughh,” he groaned aloud.  Now he was hard as a brick and there was no where to go and not a damn thing he could do about it either.  He was stuck for a lack of better words.

    Seth chuckled at his side.  “Man,” he patted him on the back having no misconceptions about what Brody was going through right now.  He’d been there himself many of times, heck he was close to being there now but was enjoying Brody’s discomfort way too much.  “I feel your pain.”