Chapter 26

**Edited by krisgee**

“The Rented Husband”

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 26

                “No!... We can’t do that…Just deal with it Leslie; I don’t have the time…………Ask Marcey to help you out.  I’ll be back at the end of the week.”

                Olivia did not want to open her eyes.  Her head felt like a jackhammer was pounding right down the center of it and Brody's loud mouth wasn't helping any.

                 “Dammit!  Isn’t that what I hired you for?” he barked even louder, so loud that she startled in the bed.

                That time, Olivia did pop her eyes open - barely.  The glare from the sun was beaming on her face, doubling the pain in her head.  Through her squinted eyes she could see Brody furiously pacing back and forth with his phone clenched tightly in his hand  and wondered what in the hell that phone call was all about.

                 “Leslie, just do it and call me back this afternoon with the results.”  Brody pulled the phone away from his ear and snapped it closed.  All he asked was that she gather the documents and schedule the witness interviews for the Rolo’s case next week.  It shouldn’t have been that difficult yet she was acting like he asked her to figure out the answer to some complicated rocket scientist calculus problem.

                Sighing, he tossed the phone on the table as it landed with a deafening thud.  He only half slept last night on that small couch, and what little sleep he did get was filled with dreams of her and how soft her lips were against his lips, the firmness of her breast pressed against him, the smell of her perfume while he held her in his arms and then to top it off, they had this rehearsal thing today with her family, including daddy dearest with the killer right hook and a brother he had never met.  His life was just getting better by the second - not.

                “Will you please try to keep it down?” said Olivia, her voice still sleep filled and weak sounding.  She had her hands covering her eyes and to be honest, she looked like death warmed over.  He had no doubt in his mind that she was feeling the after effects of her irresponsible inebriation from last night.

                That was just too bad.  He was feeling his own after effects from being worked over by a shoe to the gut from a nun, an alarm clock to the head, a pimp slap to the face, an arrogant security officer and then to be shot down colder than a well digger’s butt.  Revenge was going to be plentiful and it was time to have a little fun. 

                 “Good morning, sleeping beauty,” he remarked extra cheerfully.  “I see that you have given up on the silent treatment you insisted on imposing on me last night.”  Turning around, he made his way towards the blinds and lifted them to the top of the window, allowing an abundant amount of sunshine to rain in the window, spot lighting her bed and hitting her square in her hung over face.

                 “Jesus,” she muttered under her breath, jerking the covers up over her head.  “Will you please put those damn things back down and stop acting so self righteous?  I get it; I may have had a little too much to drink last night.”  Brody, while laughing hysterically said, "You may have had a little too much to drink last night?  Well that would be the understatement of the year."

                He spoke again, controlling his laughter.  “But honey dew,” he drawled out sweetly, “We’re in Hawaii and it’s supposed to be sunny.  It’s time to rise and shine, don't ya think?”