Chapter 29: The Decider's of Fate

En başından başla

Gray locked his eyes onto me. "Shawn King!" He walked towards me with a smirk. "The most ruthless, unforgiving, merciless, Alpha this whole America, maybe even the world, has seen! And now look at him." Every eye seemed to zoom in on me. "A pathetic human with his pathetic human mate."

"And what are you?" I looked to my left to notice Jen shaking in place, anger clear on her face. "I may be human now but I still have the heart of a wolf but you, you don't even have a heart!" Her chest heaved up and down as she struggled to breathe.

Gray was caught off guard but he smiled now. "You have the heart of a wolf?" He laughed mockingly at us. "Micheal, please shut her up. She's starting to annoy me."

Micheal seemed eager to accept his command. Next thing I knew Jennifer lay unconscious by my feet.

"Jennifer!" I cried out in surprise. I didn't even see him hit her, he was so fast. I bent down and tapped her cheek, trying to wake her.

"Enough of this!" Someone yelled from the crowd. I recognized the voice, filling me with dread as I stood.

Alpha Drake of the Umbra pack. This was almost 6 years ago, I remembered it clearly.

I raided there small pack demanding the alpha to give me his power or I would bring his home up in flames and they fought hard too but they were no match to me and my emotionless wolf. I killed his mate in front of his eyes, stabbing her in the heart 3 times before I slit her throat. A crazy like grin on my face as I watched him clutch his heart with pain, wailing into the sky. Then I grabbed his 10 year old daughter.

He surrendered before I did anything to her and I left, his Alpha power now in my possession.

My heart was consumed with guilt when I remembered what my wolf had down. His memories cascading down on me like cold, icy water. All those deaths, all those threats. I was truly a monster.

"Remember me, Alpha King? Because I remember you." He was a tall man with a graying beard that reached up to half his chest. His green eyes stared at me with a fiery hate that had my knees buckling.

"Yes." I answered with my head down. I was ashamed of what I had done, what I could have stopped.

Before I could register what happened, a punch was sent straight to my nose, breaking it in the process. I cried out in pain, falling to the dirt ground in agony. The blood flowing to my dirty shirt.

"WHY!" A voice thundered in my ears. "Why did you have to kill her? She was innocent!"

I opened my eyes, staring at Drake. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

A look of pure rage twisted his face. "You're sorry?" He lifted his leg about to hit me. I protected my stomach and was ready to take the hit but felt nothing.

Gray held his leg in mid-air. "No, Alpha! Not like this!"

I glanced up to notice at least more than ten Alphas staring at me, demanding my blood.

I whimpered in fear, fear for my life, for Jen's life.

Jen stirred in her place, the blood lust transferring to her

I stood up again, facing everyone in the eye. "I am sorry for what my wolf has done to you or your family. My wolf was in control of my body which meant he was in control of my actions. I was not conscious for anything he did to you. Please, I beg you. Don't hurt her. It isn't her fault." I pleaded to them. I got down on my knees, my hands folded in front of me. "Please don't kill her for what my wolf has done." I took a deep breath. "Kill me."