[ 3 ] He Knows, and He Rejects

Original Stats:
366 Views. 24 Votes. 12 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

He Knows, and He Rejects

Bionics (Bree)

━━━━━━━━━

"That's because I'm the one in control now." Chase spoke surely. He let a small smirk play out on his face as he watched a small tear slip down my cheeks.

"Chase?" I whispered as I took a small step forward and allowed my fingertips to graze over the screen. He looked deep into my eyes as I finally made a sound statement. "You're alive?" My breathing hitched deep inside my chest. My heart was pounding, but was threatening to stop at just the sight of him. This couldn't be real. This had to be Giselle playing mind games with us. Chase was dead. I had seen it with my own eyes.

"I'm alive, Bree." He muttered, taking his eyes off me for simply a second as he took in a sharp breath. "I'm alive and well. No thanks to you, or any of the others." I pushed out a shaky breath, my entire body quivering at the mere sight of him. His voice, his mannerisms, everything about him screamed it was Chase. But I almost didn't want it to be true. I would have been hurting for nothing if it was.

"Then who was there that day?" Adam finally spoke up, stepping up to the screen from out of the shadows. "Who was there, dead, lying on that table?" Adam's voice was stern, angry, and his words were to the point. I don't think I've ever heard him speak that way to Chase, or to anyone else as a matter of fact. Chase held a smug grin on his face as he allowed his right hand to rest on the desk. His index finger began tapping the thing obnoxiously, almost as though he was trying to intimidate us with his confidence.

"That wasn't me, Adam." Chase let out a conceited laugh as he shook his head repetitively. "That was one of Giselle's androids. I hope you all realize just how advanced her technology is." Chase relayed, sending an almost seductive smile my way. He quickly sat up straight in his seat, balling his hands up together and letting his chin rest on his combined fists, his elbows on the table. "How are you tonight Bree?" He asked with a sadistic smile. "Have any bad dreams?"

I swallowed hard, while at the same time, I tried to take in a breath. I was sick to my stomach in a matter of seconds. That was Chase. That was all Chase, and his stupid override app. He had taken me over the last two nights. He had given me those blood curdling nightmares that had made me regret every single decision I had ever made. Those nightmares he gave me, had made me want to end my life. "That was you?" I finally asked. My voice was hoarse once again, the screaming from the nightmares he had created were coming back to haunt me. He nodded, the right edge of his mouth curving.

"I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'd been thinking of you." He spit back in my face. I bit hard into my tongue, my hatred growing slowly but surely for this new version of Chase.

"What do you want?" I hissed, hating the fact that with every bit of my brain, I despised him. But every ounce of my heart, longed for him every second. Even through this cruel conversation.

Chase shrugged. He simply shrugged as he sat back in his chair once again, his hands falling into his lap. "I just wanted to check in. See how you all were fairing without me around." I shook my head, the head that he had somehow compromised. He was inside me, even now. He knew every one of my tricks, and he was going to use them against me.

"I'm horrible." I snapped back, my eyes narrowing towards him as my eyes began to water once again. "But you already knew that."

"I did." Chase nodded. The smiles, the smirks, the smug grins, all falling from his face in this moment. It was almost as though he was himself again. It was like he sympathized with me, even if it was only for a second. That right there, was him. And it was taken away from me only a mere moment later. The heartless grin returned as he aimed his attention on me. "This is your fault." Chase chuckled, a widening grin entering into his game. I shook my head.