[ 1 ] Awake and About

Original Stats:
573 Views. 25 Votes. 4 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Awake and About

Bionics (Bree)

━━━━━━━━━

"It's over!" I yelled, digging my fingernails deep into my sides as my knees crashed down against the ground. I could feel myself shaking as Adam raced around to my side, lightly rubbing his right hand over my back until I jabbed my elbow into his arm, forcing him to step away. "How could I do this to us! This is all my fault!" I continued to cry, feeling the hot tears sliding down my now red with anger cheeks as I warily tossed my head up in an attempt to look at him once again. I swallowed hard against the lump in my throat as I watched his still, lifeless body. I could feel my eyes squeezing shut once again, trying to force that image of him from my mind.

"Bree." Adam started, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched me. His eyes had seemingly sunken further into his face, looking almost as though his soul was trying to hide. He knew just as well what had happened.

"No, Adam." I hissed through gritted teeth. I quickly bit down onto my tongue, attempting to stop the tears from escaping my eyes. The metallic taste filled my mouth just as I gulped in a gasp. "You can't stop me from being sad, or mad, or anything else!"

"Well I can try-"

"No! You can't!" I screamed as I tried to push myself up off the white tiles, glaring at my older brother. "This is all my fault!" I screamed for the last time before it all went black.

I could feel myself shaking as I gasped in the cool air for the second time. I had my arms wrapped around my body, my nails indeed leaving marks in my sides through my shirt as I quickly familiarized myself with my surroundings. The living quarters. The bionic academy. I was okay.

But I wasn't really.

I hadn't left the academy. I hadn't moved from my room. I really hadn't dealt with what heart wrenching problem I was hiding underneath. Which, was why my brain had decided to torture me with yet another nightmare. My entire body was trying to throw me deep into my problem. Fully submerging me in it as I continued to fight against it.

I shook my head as I forced my arms down at my sides. I wasn't only shaking with fear or anger, or even sadness, but I was shivering with how cold Davenport was keeping it. Given the sun was out almost twenty four hours out here in the island, he had installed the island with the newest in 'home conditioning' technology. How convenient for the fear stricken girl who had just woken up.

I bit into my lip as I stepped out of my capsule -correction- I was in Chase's capsule. Adam was long asleep, and was apparently sleeping like a log as he hadn't heard me screaming in my sleep for the second time in a row. The back of my throat was burning, raw, sore. But I continued to talk or keep the conversations going during the day, no matter how raspy my voice had gotten.

I sniffled and pushed my sleeve up against the bottom of my nose, the other sleeve rubbing over my wet cheeks as I walked out into the main area of the academy. I had been crying for so long I almost didn't know how to do much else. Let alone walk about in the dead of night.

"Bree?" A small voice called as I walked around the corner to the lunch area. I peaked around before my night vision kicked in, my sight landing on Leo as he sat silently about in the small area. "What are you doing up?" He whispered, a small laugh about his voice as he picked up his knife once more and ran the peanut butter onto the slice of bread.