Chapter 5

Dear Diary,

    I think I'm cursed. Or maybe this is a blessing. I don't know. Either way, they've got Pony and Johnnycakes in the paper, kind of. They're police sketches, and there ain't no names. Says they killed a Soc named Bob, and that they're heading down to Texas. At least we know where he is, and what happened. I wanna go to Texas to find them, but Darry thinks we should stay put. I hope they come back soon, and turn themselves in. They're just kids, they haven't done anything wrong. Hold on, Dally's here. Okay, I'm back. Dally told us that the boys went down to Windrixville, to hide. He's going to grab them in a couple days, when it's safe. I hope that's soon, because I'm worried sick, and I've been crying a lot today too, but could you blame me? First Pony, and now Sandy. I think Darry knows something else is wrong, but he's too worried about Pony himself that he hasn't mentioned it. I wish Darry had never hit him, but I wish Ponyboy hadn't been so stupid, either. Then no one would be in this mess, I hope. Or maybe we'd just be stuck in another mess, I don't know. But I'm going to bed, so I'll write more tomorrow. This diary stuff's actually been pretty good for me. It's probably better I do this than bother anyone else.

                                                                               -SPC