::83:: 41 Minutes

Start from the beginning

"We're wasting our strength down here while Erza and others are inside." Pantherlily gritted his teeth as he pushed the soldiers back with his large broadsword.

"We have to find a way to get inside of this fortress!" Makarov exclaimed in frustration.

All of a sudden a loud explosion happened right in the center of where they were and out came a woman followed by Erza who had a look of rage on her face.

"Erza?!"

"There's our way through!" Master pointed to the hole that the redhead mage left behind.

They immediately rush inside.

❄💧❄💧

Meanwhile inside, Natsu stiffened at the voice of someone very familiar.

"Have you enjoyed your visit so far, Natsu? I hope my creations haven't been too hard on you."

Natsu turned around immediately, his expression filled with anger. "It's you again."

"Strange isn't it? Given the right motivation, even beings of chaos can collaborate." Zeref said. "Tartaros. A collection of my finest works. Of course I can't take any credit for their organization. Apparently that belongs solely to Master E.N.D."

"You must be so proud of him." Natsu said sarcastically, still on edge about being near the man who created the demons. "This E.N.D was the one who Igneel tried to kill, right?"

A flicker of amusement passed through Zeref's dark orbs. "It would be more accurate to say, that Igneel couldn't kill him."

"Then I'll have to finish what he started! Beginning with you!" He pulled out the sword he had attached to his waist and charged at the dark wizard. "Then your monster!" Natsu's lips parted in shock when the sword broke and had no effect on Zeref whatsoever.

"I have no doubt that you can. But, first you should consider why Igneel failed. The answer might surprise you." He mused. "E.N.D is my most powerful creation, legacy." His lips twitched up in amusement. "You'll face the same choice as Igneel. To let live or to kill. Either way, I look forward to it." Zeref started to back away as his image started to flicker. "I've enjoyed our conversation."

"Hold it! You're not making any sense!"

"Tartaros is only doing this so they can meet me. They should get the chance to see it through to the end. If I waltzed in here prematurely, it would spoil all the fun. Who will reach me first, I wonder? You or E.N.D?" Zeref mused, his image started to fade away. "Until then."

Natsu stood there with a contemplative look as he stared at the spot where the other mage once stood."What's your game, Zeref?"

❄💧❄💧

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Gray shot icicles at the guards blocking the hall while Asami fired shots of water at the others.

In between them stood their Master and the other members began to show up as well.

A large number of footsteps was heard and they turned around to see more guards coming for them. "I'll take care of this rabble." Makarov said and they nodded taking off while the others went down a different path.

❄💧❄💧

Asami and Gray both stopped when they saw two different halls. "We're going to have to split up." She said glancing at him.

He stiffened at her suggestion. "I don't know if that's a good idea." Gray said.

She looked a bit offended. "You know, believe it or not, but I can take care of myself." She retorted crossing her arms under her chest.