"Just know I plan on being in Cyprus life for a while the next time I hear you put your hands on him you will have to deal with me and trust that I'm a worse than pepper spray." Zion looked over at my grandmother, who was staring daggers at him.

"Ma'am, he told me you went on a fake churchy trip on him. Let me tell you something there is no gay demon it's not a choice if you really believed in the word you would love your grandchild either way. Also, if it was a choice, do you really think Cy would have chosen a path filled with ridicule and bullying? No, so cut that shit out." he had to take a breath.

"Now to you miss," he said, focusing on my mother who sank into the chair. "There are few things I hate more than a weak ass woman. You let your child get beat on for years and just stood by when don't seem to care about your son's sexuality. What I can tell you care about are those shiny diamonds around your neck away. How about you make your own money and stop allowing yourself from being talked down to?" My mother frowned at his words like she had kicked him.

"Kenya, I have nothing for you but a black eye," Zion said with a bored tone. Everyone was just listening to my family getting told off. This was a rare occurrence.

"Now finally the patriarch. What kind of sick fuck enlist his son to beat up on his little brother. All this because he's gay? Then you stroll up here asking his boyfriend to help you succeed. If beating your ass wouldn't cause shawty problems down the road, I would have knocked you out the moment I walked into here already. Let's make this simple get out of this house and don't come back. Questions?"

My father looked furious. He liked to be the orchestrator in every situation, something Zion would not allow. My father shot up quickly, too quick for everyone's liking.

"I suggest you move calmly I'm trying to let you walk out of here and not get thrown out but trust I'll fuck you up if I feel you will do something that would endanger the people I care for," Caspian said from the corner looking indifferent to the people in front of him.

"Fuck this," Kenya said as he stomped out the apartment, his mom and grandma not too far behind.

"We have neighbors so let's keep the volume down," Joella chimed.

"Let me talk to my son alone," his dad said, walking towards me.

"No, he will call you if he is ready to speak to you people." My father stared at me before turning away. He looked furious that we weren't following his instructions. He walked out and slammed the door hard. Nala got up to go after him, but Caspian restrained her from leaving.

"Whew, dramatic, All that huffing and puffing knowing they won't attack us," Joella said, drawing out the words while walking out of the kitchen with the rest of the group following her. Sonny sat down on the couch and cut the TV on.

"Hey shawty I handled it for you," Zion said, walking up to him.

"I wanted to go back to the hotel with you for the week since I have next week off, anyway." I wanted some distance from my reality. He always provided that distance.

"Anything for you. Get Cisco for me and we can go." Zion pulled me into a reassuring hug and walked out of the door. When he released me, I walked over to Cisco, who was standing near the couch. He stared at Sonny who was staring at Joelle. I wondered if he had finally decided to say something to her about how he felt.

I didn't want to say anything that would get him to change his mind so I grabbed Cisco's hand and led him away. He allowed me to lead him out of the apartment after I said my thanks and goodbyes to everyone. When we got to the car, I helped Cisco inside while Zion waited patiently. When I was finally buckled up, he pulled off and played the radio.

"Are you feeling better?" Zion asked me.

"Thank you," I replied.

"I'd do anything for you," he said as he pressed the brakes in response to the red light. "I'm falling for you. You know that right?"

It completely took me off guard and made an odd noise.

"Did you hear me?" He turned to look me in the eyes. His gaze brought me nothing but comfort.

"I know. I'm falling for you too." I could feel every muscle in my face form a smile.

"Good." Was all he said in response as he hit the gas when the light changed to green.

We hit another red light, and he looked over at me. I knew what was coming; I was hoping for it. He leaned over and kissed me grabbing the back of my head and pulled me into a deeper kiss. I was basically in his lap while in the middle of traffic. I wanted him to take me.

"Ew can you stop being nasty," rang Cisco's voice from his car seat. I immediately repositioned myself in my seat and began laughing at Cisco's reaction to our kiss. Cisco looked at us both annoyed, which only made our laughs grow louder.