Chapter 24 - The Past

~3 months later~

Lucy's P.O.V

It's been three months since school started again and soon, it will be the day when Aquarius died.

It affects me of course, but I still go to school. But...I have a feeling something different and horrible will happen.

" ...uce! Luce! Luce! " Natsu shouted in my face which caused me to snap out of my thoughts.

" Uh, what? " I asked.

" You were spacing out. School's finished and I asked if I could go to your mansion. " Natsu repeated what he said a few minutes ago.

" O-Oh. Sure, I don't mind. " I smiled in reassurance but it was a fake smile.

Natsu didn't seem to be convinced but he didn't push any further and followed me to my limo.

When we reached the mansion, he greeted every maid and butler he saw and greeted my parents as well. I pecked my mother's and father's cheek before asking Natsu to follow me to my room.

Once we got there, Natsu turned serious and looked at me in the eye.

" Why are you putting fake smiles? " he asked directly.

" W-Well...it's nearing the date where...I um... " I stuttered.

I don't know why but I guess it still haunt me.

" *Sigh* I might as well tell you, right?" I smiled at him as I sat down on the bed with Natsu following my action.

He gestured to tell me to go on and told the story of where only my pack and friends who are the girls know.

Flashback~

~2 years ago~ (still Lucy's P.O.V$

I was just fifteen. I was thinking when I would ever find my mate. Many people keeps on asking me about it and honestly, I'm jealous. Jealous about those who got their mate while I still haven't.

Natsu Dragneel...just where are you?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked up to see a guy with viable wolf ears.

" Wh-Who are you? " I stuttered.

" I'm Natsu Dragneel. Why are you out here in the rain? " he asked.