Mission Two: Let It Blow

Jackson POV 

I didn't want to leave, I wasn't ready to leave Sadie alone, especially since the Alpha gave her permission to run the medical assistance at my house. All I wanted was for her to wait at the pack house, surrounded by body guards, like Clair would be but no. My mate, unlike Clair, just had to argue and get her way. I admired that she never gave up, but hated it when it was aimed against my wants.  

"I don't like it Sadie, I have a bad feeling about leaving you here," I said for the tenth time.  

"Oh shut up," she laughed, "You're just trying to scare me." 

I walked up to her as she was unloading some medicine and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her towards me, "I am not trying to scare you, I'm just trying to change your mind." 

"It won't work," she smiled and gave me a quick peck on my chin, "In the meeting you all said that it would be easy and wouldn't even need me, so what does it matter if I just get prepared?" 

I groaned and threw my head back as I remembered her using my own words against me the day before, "Sadie, you're not even completely healed and you're still weak," I tried using guilt.  

"So? Once again, you said I wouldn't even be needed. Why not just humor me then? Could it be because it won't be as safe as you claim it will be?"  

"Damn it Sadie, when the hell did you become an evil genius?" I asked. She was seriously beating the hell out of my argument with every word that came out of her mouth.  

She went up on her tip toes and gave me another quick kiss, only this time it was on my lips, "Always have been, you just used to be able to keep up," she laughed and then pulled away. 

"That's rude babe," I pouted, giving up on trying to change her mind.  

"You'll live," she laughed. "Now you better get out of here before you're late." 

"Where's Steve?" I asked, not liking the idea of leaving her alone. 

"He'll be here in ten minutes, now go," she growled out playfully, giving me a little push. 

"Fine, but don't leave the house and don't talk to strangers, no candy is worth your life," I said sternly.  

Sadie spun around and gave me a dirty look, "You're not funny."  

I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss, then backed away and jogged towards the door. When I reached it I turned back towards her, "Remember no candy is worth it Sadie, I mean it." She flipped me her middle finger and threw something at me as I ran out.  

She seemed to be completely back to normal, but I knew better. She still woke up screaming or crying and drenched in sweat. Then she would wake up the next morning acting like nothing happened. She refused to talk about it to anyone and refused to acknowledge that it even happened. Her damn stubbornness was a pain in my ass, but I knew better than to push her, she wouldn't let any of that happen. I would be verbally shut down like a little bitch if I even tried to order her around. I have no problem admitting that.  

I ran flat out to pack house, of course running late since I just had to mess with Sadie. When I arrived, everyone was waiting for me on the front porch, the Alpha and my dad looking at the nonexistent watches on their wrists.  

"I get it, I'm late," I huffed out.  

"You're only late by a few minutes," Ethan spoke while rolling his eyes, "They're just drama queens." 

"Sadie all set up?" The Alpha asked, sounding amused.  

"Yeah, thanks to you," I shot back, "what ever happened to the bro code?"